Beginning Tuesday June 15th, the Community Development Department will be offering services on an appointment only basis. Appointments can be scheduled Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. When scheduling an appointment, please be sure to include the reason for your appointment. The more detail you provide, the better we will be able to prepare for your appointment. To access our Appointment Scheduling System please click here
Due to our ongoing commitment to protect public health, walk-ins will not be accepted.
All customers will be required to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
Moving forward the City will maintain an all-electronic plan review process. All submittals, review comments, payments, and documentation required for permit issuance will be managed through the online portal.
Permit Services will be offering in person assistance with online submittals.
- Appointments will be for assistance with navigating the online submittal process.
- Customers must provide completed plan pages (if required) and all appropriate support documents on a compatible usb thumb-drive at the time of appointment.
- Paper plan submittals will not be accepted.
For additional information on required forms and documents, please visit IrvineReady! to download an application package for your project type.
Building & Safety Plan Check will be offering in person appointments for the following services:
- Assistance with code and building standards questions.
- Information on City Of Irvine specific requirements.
- Information on submittal requirements for different type of projects.
- Assistance to review record permits and plans
The Development Assistance Counter will be offering in person appointments for more detailed or specific planning cases which may include the following:
- Discuss a new development project or one currently under review– Please include the location, name of the project and the Project Planners name, and
- Over the counter cursory review of a preliminary site plan
Please be aware the most Planning inquiries can be addressed quickly over the phone or via email and examples include, but are not limited to:
- Requests for zoning information
- Questions about submittal requirements and how to submit projects such as use determinations and conditional use permits
- Requests for development standards such as setbacks for residential additions as well as information regarding accessory dwelling units
- Commercial sign standards, and
- New business zoning confirmation
Planning and Zoning: 949-724-6308, email@example.com
To access our Appointment Scheduling System please click here