Please note: By emergency declaration, City of Irvine community centers, playgrounds, indoor facilities, athletic fields, basketball courts, and stadiums are closed until further notice. The Irvine City Council and City staff offer our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. Irvine outdoor park spaces remain open for passive use, and tennis and pickleball courts have been reopened for modified play. Learn more at the City Facility Closures webpage. For more information on the City's latest measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community, visit cityofirvine.org/covid19.
The Council also approved canceling, modifying, or postponing some City events in consideration of economic uncertainty and to limit non-essential gatherings to help combat the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Postponed and canceled events include:
- Northwood Memorial Candle Lighting Ceremony, originally scheduled for May 24, will be modified and take place May 23 and 24.
- Memorial Day Ceremony, originally scheduled for May 25, will be presented online as a recorded program beginning on Memorial Day.
- Irvine Fine Arts Center Studio Arts Festival, originally scheduled for June 6, has been postponed until further notice.
- Irvine Animal Care Center Super Pet Adoption, originally scheduled for June 7, has been canceled, with plans for virtual activities in the works.
- Super Swim Lesson, originally scheduled for June 26, has been postponed; a rescheduled date will be announced in the future.
- Printing in the Palm Court events in June and July are canceled. The August date remains on the calendar, subject to change.
- Sounds in the Palm Court events in June and July are canceled. The August date remains on the calendar, subject to change.
- Splash-In Movie & Recreation Swim, originally scheduled for August 22, has been canceled.
- Senior Fitness Expo, originally scheduled for August 28, has been canceled.
Movies on the Lawn and Sizzlin' Summer Concerts are currently being evaluated for modifications. Please check back at the end of May for updates on those summer events.
Additional events will be evaluated monthly by the City Council and may be modified, canceled, or postponed; check back here for the latest information. See below for additional details. For the most up-to-date information, visit cityofirvine.org/covid19.
|May 23 & 24||Northwood Memorial Candle Lighting: Saturday Tribute and Sunday Tribute||
Northwood Community Park
|May 25||Memorial Day Ceremony||
Colonel Bill Barber Marine Corps Memorial Park
|August 9||Printing in the Palm Court||
Orange County Great Park
|August 16||Sounds in the Palm Court||
Orange County Great Park