Please note: The City of Irvine has taken several precautionary safety measures to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community. The City is currently not offering in-person volunteer opportunities at this time, with the exception of Irvine Animal Care Center's at-home foster training program. For the most up-to-date information, visit the City's Facility Updates webpage here. For potential volunteering opportunities in Orange County, visit oneoc.org.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to give back to your community and directly help those in need. Listed below are City programs that accept volunteers. Additional information by area of interest, including how to make donations to City programs, can be found in the links to the left or at cityofirvine.org/irvinegives.
Volunteer opportunities available in the City of Irvine:
Please note that the following pages reflect volunteer opportunities that are available only as allowed by state and local COVID-19 restrictions. The City is not offering in-person volunteer opportunities at this time, but we offer this list for reference only.
- City Internships
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Farm + Food Lab at the Orange County Great Park
- Global Village Festival
- Heritage and Aviation Exhibition at the Orange County Great Park
- High School Youth Action Team
- Irvine 2/11 Marine Adoption Committee
- Irvine Animal Care Center
- Irvine Disaster Emergency Communications (IDEC)
- Irvine Fine Arts Center
- Irvine Ranch Conservancy (Irvine Open Space Preserve)
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Center
- Turtle Rock Nature Center and Irvine Open Space Preserve
OneOC: Connecting nonprofits, companies, and volunteers together to create greater social impact for Orange County.
Volunteer Match: a local community-based organization helping provide volunteer opportunities.
Learn more about the benefits of volunteering.