Please note: To protect the community and City of Irvine staff, while providing prompt access to public information and official records, the City Clerk's Office is operating by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please click the button below.
Click here to learn more about City Council and Great Park Board Meetings.
The City Clerk is the local official who administers democratic processes such as elections, access to City records, and all legislative actions, ensuring transparency to the public. The City Clerk acts as a compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes including the Political Reform Act, the Brown Act, and the Public Records Act. The City Clerk's office is committed to quality customer service, innovation, easy access to public records, comprehensive use of resources, and records management by:
- Providing prompt, professional and courteous customer service;
- Ensuring the legislative process, including City elections, City Council and Commission meetings are open and public;
- Reporting and preserving the legislative history of the City efficiently and accurately;
- Providing access to complete and accurate public information and official records; and
- Promoting voter registration and participation through non-partisan public outreach.