Statewide Direct Primary Election - June 7, 2022
General Municipal Election - November 8, 2022
General Municipal Elections are held in the City of Irvine on the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November of even-numbered years. Other municipal elections or special elections may be called from time to time by the City Council.
The next General Municipal Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 for the election of the Mayor and two members of the City Council. These positions are elected by Irvine citizens at large and are non-partisan. The Mayor serves a term of two years, while City Councilmembers each serve a term of four years. The terms of the Councilmembers are staggered.
The nomination period opens on July 18, 2022 and closes on August 12, 2022 at 5 p.m. However, if an incumbent for the office of Mayor or Councilmember who is eligible for re-election does not file a declaration of candidacy by August 12, 2022, the nomination period will be extended until August 17, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
To make an appointment with the City Clerk during the nomination period, please call 949-724-6205.
Notice of Election:
For election information, call the City of Irvine Election Hotline at 949-724-6159; Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Candidate Handbook 2022
- City Council Resolution No. 22-63 (Calling for the Holding of the General Municipal Election
- City Council Resolution No. 22-64 (Requesting Consolidation with the Statewide General Election)
- City Council Resolution No. 22-65 (Regulations for Candidate Statements)
- Ballot Measures (2008-18)
- City Budget and Strategic Business Plan
- General Plan
- City of Irvine Municipal Code and Zoning Ordinance
- City Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Great Park Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- City Clerk Office of Records and Information
- FPPC Campaign Forms
- Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) Campaign Manual 2
Register to Vote
Are you registered to vote? You must re-register if you:
- Change your name
- Change your party affiliation
Online registration and other voter registration information is available by clicking here. Registration forms are also available at City Hall, community centers, post offices and libraries. To request a form by mail, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 949-724-6205 or the Orange County Registrar of Voters at 714-567-7600.
Campaign Committees and Candidate Filings
A list current campaign disclosure filers and political action committees, and campaign statements filed after January 1, 2014, are available online by here. Copies of campaign statements filed prior to January 1, 2014 are available in the City Clerk's Office during normal business hours. Additional information on campaign financing is available by clicking here.
Municipal Election History
To view Municipal Election results, including a history of ballot measure questions as they appeared on each ballot, voter registration data, and a listing of all elected Mayors and Councilmembers, click here.