Irvine Shares the Way
Irvine Shares the Way is a project to improve the safety of everyone in Irvine, whether they are walking, bicycling, or driving. Irvine Shares the Way is a broad-based campaign, including educational materials, safety workshops, and other activities across the City of Irvine. The campaign will help raise awareness of traffic laws and remind residents how they can reduce the chances of a collision when they are walking, bicycling, and driving.
Throughout 2018 and beyond, the City of Irvine will roll out new materials and features on our website and host workshops, family-friendly events, and more! Stay informed of news and events; sign up for our email list at email@example.com.
Learn how you can Share the Way and Move with Care.
- Bike - Looks for Cars and Use Cross Walks.
- Drive - Slow Down Near Schools.
- Walk - Paths are for Sharing. Keep Right.
Learn more about the upcoming IBC Connects open house featuring projects updates for the Irvine Business Complex (IBC) Trails Feasibility Study. Learn more about IBC Connects.
Wednesday, February 12, 4-8 p.m.
Irvine City Hall
Conference and Training Center (CTC)
1 Civic Center Plaza
Irvine, CA 92606
Strategic Active Transportation Plan
As part of the Irvine Shares the Way campaign, the Strategic Active Transportation Plan, with your input, will help guide the development of pedestrian and bicycle facilities and implement upgrades to existing facilities. The Plan will create one master document, which will review and recommend best practices, such as:
- Technology needed to implement a citywide bicycle and pedestrian count program;
- Design standards for bicycle and pedestrian facilities;
- Ranking criteria for prioritizing bicycle and pedestrian projects and;
- Methodology and software applications for forecasting bicycle and pedestrian travel.
The completed Plan will also aid the preparation of grant applications to fund active transportation projects that are a result of this initiative.
Want to learn more and hear about our future activities? Sign up for our announcement list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Irvine provides a network of on-street and off-street bikeways to encourage the use of bicycles as a safe and convenient means of transportation for both commuting and recreational purposes. This is evident by 301 lane miles of on-street and 63.3 miles of off-street bikeways provided in the City today.
- City of Irvine Bikeways Map (PDF)
- City of Irvine Bikeways Map (Interactive)
- City of Irvine Named Public Paved Off-Street Trails(PDF)
- Hiking and Biking Trails
- OCTA Bikeways Map(Interactive - All of Orange County)
- OCTA Bikeways Map (PDF)
- In Google Maps, click "Get Directions". Input the starting and ending addresses and then click on the Bike Symbol.
- The directions via bikeways will be highlighted in blue.
The City of Irvine Bicycle Transportation Plan (amended 2011) illustrates the network of bikeways throughout the City. While every effort is made to provide accurate and timely information, please keep in mind the bikeway routes are intended for informational purposes only. No guarantee is made regarding the bikeway safety because conditions change. In addition, we cannot guarantee anyone’s safety by conforming to the safety tips. Please use good judgment and be responsible for your own safety at all times.
Please note, OCTA is responsible for maintaining their bikeways information, which is posted as a courtesy to Irvine residents on the City’s website. For questions regarding OCTA’s Orange County bikeways information, contact 714-560-5319 or ShareTheRide@octa.net.