Boarding Houses

Boarding Houses

Report a Violation     

Boarding houses (or rooming houses) are residences where there are two or more rental agreements. City of Irvine zoning requirements prohibit boarding houses in many locations, yet allow them to be considered by conditional use permit in certain zoning districts.

For more information, or to determine if a boarding house would be permitted by conditional use permit at a certain location, please refer to the Zoning Code or contact the Planning Division at 949-724-6308.

To report an unpermitted boarding house occurring in your neighborhood, please contact Code Enforcement at