- There are no zoning setbacks for a gas line; however, setbacks apply to built-in firepits, outdoor fireplaces, built-in barbecues, and mechanical equipment such as pool heaters
- Your Homeowners Association may have its own approval process. Review your HOA policies and procedures before proceeding with your design plans
- If the property is a condominium, you will need to provide a copy of the approval letter from your Homeowners Association
- After you have completed and gathered all of the required documents, you will need to submit your permit application and plans electronically through the IrvineReady! Online Plan Submission Portal
What Documents Will Be Required?
- Application Package. Download and fill out the PDF form to submit online.
- Site Plan. Be sure to:
- Dimension and label:
- Property lines
- Existing dwelling, walls, structures (e.g. patio covers, pools)
- Gas line location
- Show location of underground piping and conduit. Call out material and size. If the gas line is for a future barbecue, firepit, fireplace, or mechanical equipment, add a note to the plans indicating that the two-foot required setback will be maintained.
- Dimension and label:
- IF PROPERTY IS A CONDOMINIUM: COPY OF APPROVAL LETTER/DESIGN FROM HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION.
Please note, depending on the specifics of your project, additional plans, details, forms, exhibits, or support documents may be requested through the plan check process.
READY TO BEGIN? Your application must be submitted online using the IrvineReady! Online Permit Submittal Portal. We recommend keeping this webpage open in a different tab so you can refer to the information below.
IrvineReady! works best on Google Chrome, rather than Safari or Microsoft Edge.
When you click the button below to go to IrvineReady, you will first be prompted to create an account, or to log into an existing account.
Video Link: How to Create an Account in IrvineReady!
After creating an account and logging in, click the green plus button to the lower right-hand side of the window to start a new submittal.
In the “Project Type” drop-down menu, select “For Permitting--Other” as the permit type.
Video Link: Preparing Documents for Upload into IrvineReady!
PROCEED TO THE IRVINEREADY! SYSTEM
- After submitting your plans, City staff will review the information for completeness within approximately two business days. If additional information is needed, you will be notified.
- You will be emailed a link to pay required fees. Visit the Fee Schedule page for additional information and current fee rates
- After payment is received, your project will be assigned for review.
In general you should anticipate two (2) to four (4) business days for the initial plan check; if corrections are required, you will be notified.