- Your Homeowners Association may have its own approval process. Review your HOA policies and procedures before proceeding with your design plans
- If the pool is part of an apartment, condominium, or home owners’ association common area, additional review will be required. Contact the Planning Counter at 949-724-6308.
- After you have completed and gathered all of the required documents, you will need to submit your permit application and plans electronically through the IrvineReady! Online Plan Submission Portal
What Documents Will Be Required?
- Application Package. Download and fill out the PDF form to submit online.
- Site Plan. Be sure to:
- Show and dimension:
- Property lines, pool or spa location, and dwelling.
- Place one of the two most applicable notes from Informational Bulletin No. 217 on the plans:
- "Area of the removed pool (or spa) is intended for future landscaping and flatwork only—fill is to be certified as non-structural."
- "Area of the removed pool (or spa) is intended as possible building pad—fill to be certified as structural.”
- Place the following note on the plans: “All work shall conform to the construction standards defined within the City of Irvine Informational Bulletin 217, copy attached.”
- Show and dimension:
Ready To Begin? Your application must be submitted online using the IrvineReady! Online Permit Submittal Portal. We recommend keeping this webpage open in a different tab so you can refer to the information below while submitting your application on GoPost.
IrvineReady! works best on Google Chrome, rather than Safari or Microsoft Edge.
When you click the button below to go to IrvineReady!, you will first be prompted to create an account, or to log into an existing account.
After creating an account, click the green plus button to the lower right-hand side of the window to start a new submittal. In the “Project Type” drop-down menu, select “For Permitting--Other” as the permit type.
- After submitting your plans, City staff will review the information for completeness within approximately two business days. If additional information is needed, you will be notified.
- You will be emailed a link to pay required fees. Visit the Fee Schedule page for additional information and current fee rates
- After payment is received, your project will be assigned for review.
In general you should anticipate two (2) to four (4) business days for the initial plan check; if corrections are required, you will be notified.