- If your project meets the following criteria, you will be able to submit your application through the Automated Online Permit system:
- Involves no more than 10 electrical fixtures and/or outlets, indoors or outdoors (see Residential Kitchen Lighting Worksheet/WS-5R which will accompany your permit. Lighting in bathrooms, garages, laundry rooms and utility rooms must be either high efficacy or shall be controlled by an occupant sensor.)
- Involves no more than four (4) plumbing fixtures, e.g. toilet, sink, drain, faucet
- Involves between one (1) and five (5) gas outlets (Underground Metallic Gas Piping is Prohibited)
- Involves no more than one (1) sewer connection
- Involves no more than five (5) grilles and ducting for AC/heating
- Involves no more than one (1) Furnace replacement (must be in same location as original)
- If your project does not meet the above criteria, you will need to submit your permit application through the IrvineReady! Online Permit Submittal Portal
- If the furnace is located in the garage, please ensure it is not intruding into the required clear parking area (see Zoning Guidance below)
- The City has prepared several informational bulletins. Please review the “Building Guidance” below, as some of these could apply to your planned project
- If the furnace is being placed in the garage, make sure that it will not intrude into the clear area required for vehicle parking:
- For one-car garages, the clear space must measure 10 feet in width, 20 feet in depth, and seven feet in height.
- For two-car garages, the clear space shall be a minimum of 20 feet in width, 20 feet in depth, and seven feet in height.
The following reference documents may be applicable to your project:
Informational Bulletin 321: Water Conserving Plumbing Fixture Verification / Retrofit
Informational Bulletin 327: Plumbing Fixture Clearance Requirements
What documents will be required?
If your project meets the eligibility criteria listed in the "Overview" section above, proceed to the Automated Online Permit System.
If your project does not meet the eligibility criteria for the automated permit application process, you will need to submit it electronically through the IrvineReady! Online Permit Submittal Portal. We recommend keeping this webpage open in a different tab so you can refer to the information below.
IrvineReady! works best on Google Chrome, rather than Safari or Microsoft Edge.
When you click the button below to go to IrvineReady, you will first be prompted to create an account, or to log into an existing account.
After creating an account and logging in, click the green plus button to the lower right-hand side of the window to start a new submittal.
In the “Project Type” drop-down menu, select “For Permitting--Other” as the permit type.
- After submitting your plans, City staff will review the information for completeness within approximately two business days. If additional information is needed, you will be notified.
- You will be emailed a link to pay required fees. Visit the Fee Schedule page for additional information and current fee rates
- After payment is received, your project will be assigned for review.
Applications eligible for the automated system will be processed within one (1) to three (3) business days. Applications submitted through IrvineReady! will be processed for plan check within five (5) business days. If corrections are required, you will be notified.