ATTENTION: NEW VALUATION TABLE ADOPTION EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2021
The City of Irvine will also be adopting the International Code Council’s Building Valuation Data of August 2020. This will go into effect on January 1, 2021. Permits that are issued after that date will be subject to the new building valuation formula. Thus, a project submitted and approved before January 1, 2021 would need to be issued before January 1st in order for the older valuation table to apply. Otherwise, permit fees will be recalculated and those fees based on valuation will be increased.
In response to the rapid spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the City of Irvine will be taking precautionary measures to help protect the public. As of Wednesday, March 18, Irvine City Hall and the Community Development Counter will be closed to the public. City staff will continue to work remotely, available via telephone and email. Community Development services will continue to be offered online as outlined below.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we strive to deliver great service while protecting the health of our customers, our staff, and the general public. Although we will work to be as responsive as possible during this transition, please allow additional time for plan review, permit issuance and other Community Development Services.
For Variance, Overtime Inspection, TCO, TU, and Deputy Inspection Application please CLICK HERE
Plan Check and Permit Issuance
- New Project Submittals not outlined in more detail below: All plans must be submitted online though the City’s IrvineREADY! system which can be accessed here.
Paper plans currently in review: If your project is currently under plan review in paper form and has corrections, we will email you a PDF copy of the Correction Report without plans – your resubmittal will need to be electronic through the IrvineREADY! system. If your plans are approved, our Permit Counter Staff will create a digital version of your project for approval. You will be emailed a link to pay fees and upload any additional documents required for permit issuance.
Minor residential permits, previously over-the-counter: (These include residential pools and spas, gas line, patio covers, minor bathroom/kitchen remodels, and commercial re-roof.) Please submit your Application Package through the IrvineReady! Online Plan Submission Portal as indicated below. Due to our current remote work restrictions, these projects will have a target date of two business days.
Encroachment Permits and Wide Load Permits: Please email your Application Package to Buildingplancheck@cityofirvine.org and await further instructions. PLEASE PUT THE PERMIT TYPE IN THE SUBJECT LINE. You will be emailed a link to pay fees and upload any additional documents required for permit issuance.
Solar Photovoltaic Installations for Single Family: (AB2188 - Expedited Electronic Submittal for 10 kW or Less) please CLICK HERE.
Production Solar from an Approved Solar Master Plan: Please continue to use our Automated Online Service.
Automated Online Permits Service: Please use the City’s Automated Online Permits for the following application types:
- Residential Water Heater Replacement
- Residential Re-Roof
- Residential Air Conditioning Replacement
- Minor Residential Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing
- Residential Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations (EVCS) and Panel Upgrades
- Commercial HVAC Change Out (like for like only)
Irvine Ready! Required E-Submittal Documents
Please choose from the links below to access all required DOCUMENTS for your E-Plan Submittal in the Online Plan Submission Portal. Save a copy of your completed forms and upload them to the ATTACHMENTS tab in your goPost Dashboard leaving only plan sheets in the PLANS tab.
Building and Grading
- Commercial Agriculture Sales
- Commercial and Multi-Family Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- Commercial Sign
- Commercial/Industrial New Construction or Additions
- Commercial Tenant Improvement and other Commercial Projects
- Commercial and Multi-Family Charging Stations
- Commercial Re-Roof
- Cell Site Improvements
- Tree Removal
- Revision/Deferred Submittal
- New Residential Models/ Production/ Condominiums/ Apartments
- Residential Remodel/Addition Package
- Minor Residential/Over-The-Counter
- Residential Re-Roof
- Residential Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- Residential Solar Pool Heating
- Residential Solar Water Heating
- Residential Revision/Deferred Submittal
Public Works Engineering
- Easement Deed
- Final Map
- Landscape/Irrigation Improvement Plans
- Lot Line Adjustment/Lot Merger
- Public Works Improvement Plans
- Small Utility Facility Plans (Cell)
- Engineering Revision Submittal
Inspections and Code Enforcement Services
ln an effort to protect public health amidst the COVID -19 pandemic and consistent with the Governor's Executive Orders and guidance from regional and national public health professionals, the City of Irvine is taking additional safety precautions for Building, Grading and Code enforcement inspections. Effective Friday May 7th, 2021, the following precautions will be in effect.
lnspections of interior and exterior facilities whether, occupied or unoccupied: This includes both residential and commercial construction. In-person inspections can continue with strictly-enforced precautionary measures in place as follows:
Face to face contact will be allowed between inspectors and site personal as long as 6 feet clear distance is maintained, masks are worn and no more than three people are walking with inspectors at any time.
Prior to inspector arrival, building plans for the area subject to inspection must be placed on a flat, cleaned surface within or adjacent to the area of inspections.
Please do not call for inspections on work that is not complete and ready for inspection. This exacerbates delays due to Covid-19 and results in longer waits for inspection on all projects.
General Safety Precautions: Builders, contractors, and all personnel working on job sites subject to inspection must abide by Covid-19 precautions as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Helpful Contact Information
- Permits and permit information: (949)724-6313
- Inspections: (949)724-6396
- Planning and zoning: (949)724-6308, email@example.com
- Code Enforcement: (949)724-6326, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing: (949)724-6114, email@example.com