Begin your all-electronic permitting process today!
Our fees have been updated effective August 1, 2021. Click here for additional info.
Plan Check and Permit Issuance
- Automated Online Permits Service: Please use the City’s Automated Online Permits for the following application types:
- Residential Reroof
- Residential Water Heater (Like for Like)
- Residential AC Replacement (Like for Like)
- Residential Small Miscellaneous Combo Permit
- Electrical fixtures and/or outlets, indoors or outdoors.
- Panel Upgrade
- Plumbing fixtures, e.g. toilet, sink, drain, faucet
- Gas outlets (Interior Only)
- Sewer connection
- Grilles and ducting for AC/heating
- Water supply re-pipe
For more information please click here
Minor residential permits, previously over-the-counter: (These include residential pools and spas, gas line, patio covers, minor bathroom/kitchen remodels, and commercial re-roof.) Please submit your Application Package through the IrvineReady! Online Plan Submission Portal as indicated below. These projects will have a target date of two business days.
Encroachment Permits and Wide Load Permits: Please email your Application Package to Buildingplancheck@cityofirvine.org and await further instructions. PLEASE PUT THE PERMIT TYPE IN THE SUBJECT LINE. You will be emailed a link to pay fees and upload any additional documents required for permit issuance.
Solar Photovoltaic Installations for Single Family: (AB2188 - Expedited Electronic Submittal for 10 kW or Less) please click here.
Production Solar from an Approved Solar Master Plan: Please continue to use our Automated Online Service.
New Project Submittals not outlined in more detail above: All plans must be submitted online though the City’s IrvineREADY! system which can be accessed here.