The TRIPS program strives to support eligible Irvine seniors and adults with disabilities in maintaining independence, community involvement, and employment through the provision of safe, reliable, professional, and specialized transportation services. The program provides low-cost, wheelchair-accessible transportation to Irvine seniors and adults with disabilities. All participants must be unable to drive due to a physical or cognitive disability.
TRIPS Rider's Guide
Download a high-resolution PDF of the TRIPS Rider's Guide here.
Learn more about the TRIPS service below. More information on the TRIPS program can be found by clicking the following links:
The program provides curb-to-curb service from origin to destination. Curb-to-curb service means that drivers will assist participants in entering and exiting the vehicle. Escorting participants beyond the curb to specific destinations is not offered as part of curb-to-curb service.
Assistance beyond the curb may be provided as a reasonable accommodation. The program may grant a reasonable accommodation provided that the following criteria are met:
- Special assistance requested will not fundamentally alter the nature of program service and will not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
- The driver must be able to keep the vehicle under visual observation at all times.
Service Days & Hours
- Service hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Reservation hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
The TRIPS program is closed on all City-observed holidays.
Rides will be granted based on availability. Service is provided within Irvine (Zone 1), and to and from adjacent cities to Irvine (Zone 2) for medical appointments, work, and school. All rides must begin and/or end in the
City of Irvine.
Service zones include:
- Zone 1: Any location within City of Irvine boundaries
- Zone 2: Tustin, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest (west of El Toro), Laguna Hills (north of Alicia Parkway), Santa Ana (east of Bristol) Rides to Zone 2 are for medical appointments, work, and school only.
- Zone 1: $1.90 each way
- Zone 2: $3.80 each way, and $1.90 surcharge added each way for non-medical destinations (work or school)