Please note: The City of Irvine continues to follow state and federal health and safety guidelines to protect the public against COVID-19 infection. Face coverings are recommended, and required in certain settings as outlined in the California Department of Public Health Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings.
The TRIPS program provides low-cost, wheelchair-accessible transportation to Irvine seniors and adults with disabilities. All participants must be unable to drive due to a physical or cognitive disability. TRIPS supports independent living and community involvement through safe, reliable and professional paratransit service.
- Services include medical appointments, work, school, social, etc.
- Annual registration fee ($25 initial, $20 annual)
- $1.90 one way to any location in Irvine
- Transportation to other areas is limited and costs range from $3.80 to $5.70 depending on location and distance
- Rides granted on a first-come, first-served basis
Pre-registration and program eligibility required. For more information, call the TRIPS office for phone eligibility assessment Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–2 p.m. at 949-724-7433.
Senior Center Express
Catch a ride to the Irvine Senior Centers. Irvine residents 65 years of age and older who are registered TRIPS participants can request rides from their home to the Lakeview and Rancho senior centers or Trabuco center. Rides are available at predetermined Express times. Call 949-724-7743 for registration process and details.
TRIPS Rider's Guide