Senior Citizens Council
Senior Council meetings are open and the public is welcome to attend. Meetings are held at 9 a.m. on the third Thursdays of each month at Lakeview Senior Center, with the exception of December.
Senior Citizens Council Meetings
The City is pleased to announce that the regular Senior Citizens Council (Senior Council) meetings will be available through WebEx, as well as a dial-in conference call line. In an effort to enhance community engagement, community members may submit comments via email to email@example.com on upcoming agenda items, as well as throughout the Senior Council meeting.
See below for instruction on joining the meeting through WebEx and how to submit comments.
HOW TO SUBMIT A COMMENT
Public comments can be made prior to or during the Senior Council meeting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, contact the recording secretary at 714-396-5009.
HOW TO WATCH LIVE MEETING
Community members may also view meetings live. A link will be provided two weeks before the meeting date.
We suggest installing and testing the WebEx software on your devices before the meeting. Visit webex.com/downloads.html for additional information.
For questions regarding installing the WebEx software, please call 949-724-6078.
Meetings for 2021
- January 21
- February 18
- March 18
- April 15
- May 20
- June 17
- July 15
- August 19
- September 16
- October 21
- November 18
Lakeview Senior Center
20 Lake Road, Irvine CA, 92604
Irvine Senior Citizens Council Members
- Senior Council Member Amal Baradehi (Appointed by Mayor Khan)
- Senior Council Member Jerry Chang (Appointed by Councilmember Kuo)
- Senior Council Member K. Cal Hibrawi (Member at Large)
- Senior Council Member Carolyn Inmon (Member at Large)
- Senior Council Member Bill Sandlin (Appointed by Councilmember Carroll)
- Senior Council Member Myung Suh (Appointed by Vice Mayor Kim)
- Advisory: Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in establishing policy on matters pertaining to special interests and concerns of senior citizens.
- Consultancy: Act as a sounding board for persons, schools and organizations who have an interest in senior citizens activities and programs.
- Budget: Consider the proposed annual budget for the Senior Services section and make recommendations to City Council.
- Advisement: Advise in the planning of facilities, transportation, activities, services and programs designed to serve the older adult community in Irvine.
- Selection of At-Large Members: The selection of the two members-at-large is conducted every two years on odd numbered years in September. For more information about member-at-large positions, contact Sandra Salcedo at email@example.com or 949-724-6356.