Senior Citizens Council
Senior Council meetings are open and the public is welcome to attend. Meetings are held at 9 a.m. on the third Thursdays of each month at Lakeview Senior Center, with the exception of December.
Meetings for 2020
- January 16
- February 20*
- March 19
- April 16
- May 21
- June 18
- July 16
- August 20
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
*February's meeting will convene at 1 p.m., instead of 9 a.m.
Lakeview Senior Center
20 Lake Road, Irvine CA, 92604
Irvine Senior Citizens Council Members
- Chair Rachel Owens (Appointed by Christina Shea)
- Vice Chair Juneu Kim (Appointed by Melissa Fox)
- Councilmember Jerry Chang (Appointed by Anthony Kuo)
- Councilmember K. Cal Hibrawi (Member at large)
- Councilmember Carolyn Inmon (Member at large)
- Councilmember Harish Murthy (Appointed by Farrah N. Khan)
- Councilmember Bill Sandlin (Appointed by Michael Carroll)
- Advisory: Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in establishing policy on matters pertaining to special interests and concerns of senior citizens.
- Consultancy: Act as a sounding board for persons, schools and organizations who have an interest in senior citizens activities and programs.
- Budget: Consider the proposed annual budget for the Senior Services section and make recommendations to City Council.
- Advisement: Advise in the planning of facilities, transportation, activities, services and programs designed to serve the older adult community in Irvine.
- Selection of At-Large Members: The selection of the two members-at-large is conducted every two years on odd numbered years in September. For more information about member-at-large positions, contact Sandra Salcedo at email@example.com or 949-724-6356.