Senior Citizens Council
Senior Council meetings are open and the public is welcome to attend. Meetings are held at 9 a.m. on the third Thursdays of each month at Lakeview Senior Center, with the exception of December.
Senior Citizens Council Meeting: August 20, 2020
The City is pleased to announce that the regular Senior Citizens Council (Senior Council) meeting on August 20, 2020 will be available through WebEx, as well as a dial-in conference call line. In an effort to enhance community engagement, community members may submit comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on upcoming agenda items, as well as throughout the Senior Council meeting.
See below for instruction on joining the meeting through WebEx and how to submit comments.
HOW TO SUBMIT A COMMENT
Public comments can be made prior to or during the Senior Council meeting via email to email@example.com. For questions, contact the recording secretary at 714-396-5009.
HOW TO WATCH LIVE MEETING
Community members may also view meetings live. Click here to live stream the August 20, 2020 Senior Council meeting.
- Use Access Code: 146 269 1304
- Event Password: “City” when prompted.
The live stream will be available starting 8 a.m. on August 20, 2020 (1 hour before the meeting). We suggest installing and testing the WebEx software on your devices before the meeting. Visit webex.com/downloads.html for additional information.
For questions regarding installing the WebEx software, please call 949-724-6078.
HOW TO LISTEN FROM YOUR PHONE
To listen to the meeting from your phone:
- Call 408-418-9388.
- Use Access Code: 146 269 1304
TECHNICAL SUPPORT PRIOR & DURING THE MEETING
For technical assistance prior to and during the meeting, please call 949-724-6078.
Meetings for 2020
- January 16
- February 20*
- March 19
- April 16
- May 21
- June 18
- July 16
- August 20
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
*February's meeting will convene at 1 p.m., instead of 9 a.m.
Lakeview Senior Center
20 Lake Road, Irvine CA, 92604
Irvine Senior Citizens Council Members
- Chair Rachel Owens (Appointed by Christina Shea)
- Vice Chair Juneu Kim (Appointed by Melissa Fox)
- Councilmember Jerry Chang (Appointed by Anthony Kuo)
- Councilmember K. Cal Hibrawi (Member at large)
- Councilmember Carolyn Inmon (Member at large)
- Councilmember Harish Murthy (Appointed by Farrah N. Khan)
- Councilmember Bill Sandlin (Appointed by Michael Carroll)
- Advisory: Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in establishing policy on matters pertaining to special interests and concerns of senior citizens.
- Consultancy: Act as a sounding board for persons, schools and organizations who have an interest in senior citizens activities and programs.
- Budget: Consider the proposed annual budget for the Senior Services section and make recommendations to City Council.
- Advisement: Advise in the planning of facilities, transportation, activities, services and programs designed to serve the older adult community in Irvine.
- Selection of At-Large Members: The selection of the two members-at-large is conducted every two years on odd numbered years in September. For more information about member-at-large positions, contact Sandra Salcedo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-724-6356.