The City of Irvine's Keen Center for Senior Resources offers support and assistance to help seniors and their families cope with the physical, emotional and practical challenges of aging. The Keen Center – named after Al and Dorothy Keen, lifelong City residents and dedicated volunteers – is the community's destination for up-to-date senior resources and information. It hosts an exceptional team of bilingual volunteers and staff who can answer questions and provide referrals.
Promoting independence, dignity and quality of life. Providing resources, information and guidance to assist Irvine seniors, aged 50 and older, and their support persons.
Resource Referral & Information
A trained team of staff, volunteers and interns are available to respond to your questions, or assist you with researching answers to any concerns not readily available at the Keen Center.
Resource information is available on:
- Adult Day Health Care Services
- Advanced Healthcare Directive
- Affordable Housing/ Fair Housing
- Alternative Living Arrangements
- CarFit© Checkup
- Counseling/Private Care Managers
- Emergency Response Services
- Financial Investment Counseling*
- Food Stamps/Commodity Programs
- Funeral or Estate Planning
- Handyman/Home Repair
- Health Conditions
- Health Insurance Counseling*
- Hearing Testing
- Hospice/End of Life Support
- Income Tax Preparation* (seasonal)
- Hiring In-Home Help
- Legal Consultation*
- Irvine Meals on Wheels
- Medication Review
- Mobility Equipment Loan
- Medicare or Medi-Cal(Cal Optima)
- Shared Housing
- Social Security/SSI
- Supplementary Medical Insurance
- CHAMPION (volunteer visitors)
* Appointments are required for these services; please call 949-724-6926.
Keen Center offers services in Mandarin, Korean and Farsi by appointment for the following: