Irvine Meals on Wheels' mission is to assist homebound senior citizens in maintaining their independence by providing nutritious, healthy, great tasting meals delivered to their homes. Irvine Meals on Wheels is a joint partnership between the City of Irvine and the National Charity League, Inc. - Irvine chapter. For over 30 years, National Charity League's Irvine chapter has adopted Irvine Meals on Wheels as its main philanthropic activity, providing volunteer driver support and funding for administrative program costs.
For more information download Irvine Meals on Wheels At-A-Glance or contact the office at 949-724-6910
Eligibility for Irvine Meals on Wheels
In order to be eligible for the Irvine Meals on Wheels program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Irvine Resident
- 60 years of age or older
- Agree to an in-home needs assessment performed by Irvine Meals on Wheels care manager
- Be homebound and unable to prepare nutritious meals or obtain meals from another source
- Those living alone or with greatest physical need receive highest priority
- Able to accept meals between 11:15 a.m. and 1 p.m. weekdays
Cost for Irvine Meals on Wheels
Irvine Meals on Wheels Services are partially funded by the "Older Americans Act." Services are provided on a donation basis, no eligible senior is turned away due to inability to donate.
- Suggested donation of $5 per day for three meals
To make a donation to Meals on Wheels, click here.
About the Meals
- Irvine Meals on Wheels are delivered Monday through Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Seniors receive 100% daily nutritional value determined on 1,600 calorie diet.
- Meals are created from preplanned menus that have been analyzed by a Registered Dietician.
- Each senior receives three meals per day: 1 hot meal (lunch), cold dinner pack, juice, and a light breakfast for the following day.
- Meals are not Kosher and special accommodations cannot be made.
- Meals offered are regular meals with low sugar and low fat contents.
- Food is prepared and packaged onsite by our professional staff and wonderful volunteers.
Volunteers provide a vital service to older adults who are unable to prepare meals for themselves. Meals are prepared at the Lakeview Senior Center and are delivered each weekday between 10:40 a.m. and 1 p.m. A minimum six month service commitment is required. Proof of California driver license, current auto insurance, and a Live Scan background check are also required. Please contact Victoria Heidelman by email or call 949-724-6096 for more information.
Donate to Irvine Meals on Wheels
In operation for more than 30 years, donations made to the Irvine Meals on Wheels program go directly to provide a meal to an Irvine senior. A donation of $50 provides one week of meals (15 meals) for a homebound senior.
How to Donate
To make an online donation to Meals on Wheels or other senior program, please visit cityofirvine/irvinegives. All major credit cards are accepted including Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
You may also make a donation in person at the Lakeview or Rancho Senior Centers.
Donations are tax deductible and directly benefit program costs.
Donate Your Car to Irvine Meals on Wheels
Donate your used car, van, truck, boat with a trailer, or recreational vehicle to Irvine Meals On Wheels, seven days a week, 24 hours a day. It’s as easy as filling out our Online Auto Donation Form at www.mowaa.org/donatemycar. Be sure to choose CA-Irvine Meals on Wheels as your participating Meals on Wheels America Member program.