Please note: By emergency order, City of Irvine senior centers are closed until further notice. As a preventative measure in response to mitigating the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), recruitment of any new volunteers is currently on hold. If you wish to be added to an interest list for when volunteer opportunities are available, please email Community Services Senior Leader Crystal Nguyen at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Irvine Senior Services. To ensure we are meeting the needs of our senior community, we ask that all volunteers commit to volunteering a minimum of three hours per week for at least six months. The majority of our volunteer opportunities are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you need weekend or evening hours, please see the Fitness Center Attendant and Facility Operations Support opportunities.
Below you will find a listing of our current Programs and Activities volunteer openings. If you are interested in any of these, please contact 949-724-6096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fitness Center Attendant │ Rancho Senior Center and Trabuco Center
Help oversee the operations of the Rancho or Trabuco Fitness Centers
- Duties: Help ensure members are following policies, pull member files and help monitor expiration dates, assist members with equipment, answer questions as needed.
- Requirements: Must be 18+ and have general knowledge about how to use the fitness equipment.
- Available Shifts:
- Rancho Fitness Center: Wednesday from noon–2 p.m.; Thursday from, 10 a.m.–noon or noon–2 p.m,; Saturday from 9–11 a.m.; Sunday from 9–11 a.m.
- Trabuco Fitness Center: Monday from Noon–2p.m.; Tuesday from 8–10 a.m.; Wednesday from 10 a.m.–noon.; Friday from 8–10 a.m. or noon–2 p.m.; Saturday from 11 a.m.–1 p.m
Technology Lab Assistant │ Lakeview Senior Center
Assist members in the Lee Tjhio Technology Lab
- Duties: Help ensure members are following policies, assist with problems that arise with equipment, and answer questions as needed.
- Requirements: Must be 18+ and have experience and knowledge of computer equipment and programs.
- Available Shifts: Monday–Friday, times vary. Please contact us if you are interested in this position.