Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Irvine Senior Services. To ensure we are meeting the needs of our senior community, we ask that all volunteers commit to volunteering a minimum of two hours per week for at least three months.
The majority of our volunteer opportunities are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. If you need weekend or evening hours, please see the Fitness Center Attendant and Facility Operations Support opportunities.
Below you will find a listing of our current Programs and Activities volunteer openings. If you are interested in any of these, please contact Jackie Friday at 949-724-6923 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fitness Center Attendant │ Rancho Senior Center and Trabuco Center
Help oversee the operations of the Rancho or Trabuco Fitness Centers
- Duties: Help ensure members are following policies, pull member files and help monitor expiration dates, assist members with equipment, answer questions as needed.
- Requirements: Must be 18+ and have general knowledge about how to use the fitness equipment.
- Available Shifts:
- Rancho Fitness Center: Mondays from 8-10 a.m.
- Trabuco Fitness Center: Mondays from 2-4 p.m., Tuesdays from 4-6 p.m.; Wednesdays from noon-2 p.m.; Fridays from 8-10 a.m., 12-2 p.m. and 4-6 p.m.
Little Big Band Dance Host │ Lakeview Senior Center
Enjoy an afternoon of live music and dancing while you host the weekly dance
- Duties: Greet participants, socialize and serve as the liaison between City staff and the band.
- Requirements: Must be 18+ and enjoy dancing and socializing with large groups. Available for weekly dance.
- Available Shifts: Every Thursday from 2-4 p.m.
English Mentor │ Lakeview Senior Center and Trabuco Center
Help teach English to Korean speaking seniors in a beginning class.
- Duties: Teach a beginning English course to Korean speaking seniors.
- Requirements: Must make a six month commitment beginning January 2018.
- Available Shifts: Times vary; contact Gabriel Cano-Franco at 949-724-6904 or email@example.com for more information.