Green Ribbon Environmental Committee Seeks Youth to Fill Member-at-Large Positions
The City of Irvine is accepting applications to fill two student vacancies on the Green Ribbon Environmental Committee. Applicants must be Irvine students who are currently in middle school or high school and will serve one-year terms. Learn more and apply here.
The Green Ribbon Environmental Committee seeks to increase public participation in energy conservation and sustainable practices, helping the City serve the community through advancing environmental policy initiatives and programs. The Committee is supported by the Public Works and Transportation Department. It advises City Council on matters related to climate protection, energy, recycling, waste management, sustainability, transportation, and water, as well as environmental and energy goals that are stated in the General Plan and related documents.
The Committee meets every other month, or as needed, at 4:30 p.m. via Zoom. View meeting agendas and minutes here.
Meeting Dates for 2022
- February 9
- April 13
- June 8
- August 10
- October 12
- December 14
- Chair Farrah N. Khan (Mayor, appointed by City Council)
- Vice Chair Senait Forthal (Appointed by Mayor Farrah N. Khan)
- Dr. Kevork Abazajian (Appointed by Councilmember Larry Agran)
- Dr. Steven Allison (Appointed by Councilmember Tammy Kim)
- Matthew Chang (Student Member-at-large, appointed by City Council)
- Tammy Kim (Councilmember, appointed by City Council)
- Christine Knowland (Planning Commissioner, appointed by Planning Commission)
- Emily Nguyen (Student Member-at-large, appointed by City Council)
- Dr. Oladele Ogunseitan (Member-at-large, appointed by City Council)
- Rajat Khurana (Appointed by Councilmember Mike Carroll)
- Dr. Kathleen Treseder (Member-at-large, appointed by City Council)
- William Von Blasingame (Appointed by Vice Mayor Kuo)