Click here for Virtual Earth Month Events.
The Green Ribbon Environmental Committee seeks to increase public participation in energy conservation and sustainable practices, helping the City serve the community through advancing environmental policy initiatives and programs. The Committee is supported by the Public Works and Transportation Department. It advises the City Council on matters related to climate protection, energy, recycling and waste management, sustainability, transportation, and water, as well as environmental and energy goals that are stated in the General Plan and related documents.
The Committee meets every other month on the second Wednesday of the appropriate month, or as needed, at 4:30 p.m. at Irvine City Hall. View meeting agendas and minutes here.
Meeting Dates for 2021:
- February 8
- April 14
- June 9
- August 11
- October 13
- December 8
- Chair Farrah N. Khan (Mayor, appointed by City Council)
- Vice Chair Senait Forthal (Appointed by Mayor Farrah N. Khan)
- Dr. Kevork Abazajian (Appointed by Councilmember Larry Agran)
- Dr. Steven Allison (Appointed by Vice Mayor Tammy Kim)
- Matthew Chang (Student Member-at-large, appointed by City Council)
- Tammy Kim (Vice Mayor, appointed by City Council)
- Christine Knowland (Planning Commissioner, appointed by Planning Commission)
- Emily Nguyen (Student Member-at-large, appointed by City Council)
- Dr. Oladele Ogunseitan (Member-at-large, appointed by City Council)
- Dr. Kathleen Treseder (Member-at-large, appointed by City Council)
- Vacant (Appointed by Councilmember Mike Carroll)
- William Von Blasingame (Appointed by Councilmember Kuo)