The Sustainability Commission, comprised of Irvine residents, bolsters the City’s focus on climate protection, energy, recycling and waste management, mobility, open space, and water issues by providing the community with additional access to a policy advisory body dedicated exclusively to sustainability.
Sustainability Commission Minutes, Agendas, and Recordings
To view Sustainability Commission meeting agendas, minutes, and recordings, click the button below.
Purpose: Advise the City Council and make recommendations on sustainability policies and programs related to energy, recycling and waste management, mobility, open space, and water issues. Advise the City Council on successful implementation of the Climate Action and Adaptation Plan (CAAP).
Supporting Department: Project Delivery & Sustainability
Power: Advisory only
Appointments by City Council
Five members-at-large are appointed by City Council:
- Chair Ayn Craciun (Appointed by Councilmember Kathleen Treseder)
- Vice Chair Kev Abazajian (Appointed by Councilmember Larry Agran)
- Commissioner Steve Allison (Appointed by Vice Mayor Tammy Kim)
- Commissioner Senait Forthal (Appointed by Mayor Farrah N. Khan)
- Commissioner Christine Knowland (Appointed by Councilmember Mike Carroll)