Please note: Tennis and pickleball courts have been reopened, with safety guidelines in place to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), for public drop in-use by members of the same household. Singles play permitted only, unless with members of the same household. Drop-in users are encouraged to adhere to posted safety guidelines. The City has 98 tennis courts; see a map here. Pickleball courts are located at San Carlo and Knollcrest Neighborhood Parks and Portola Springs Community Park. For more information, call 949-724-6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community, some indoor facilities and outdoor recreational spaces may be closed or have modified access until further notice. Irvine outdoor park spaces remain open for passive use. Outdoor playgrounds, and athletic and recreational fields and courts, have reopened with modified access. Modified recreational programming will be available to the community and registration is open at yourirvine.org. Learn more at the City Facility Updates webpage.
Please read before registering for a tennis camp.
COVID-19 Tennis Camp Guidelines
Parents: We are excited to resume summer recreational programming here in the City of Irvine! Our collective health and safety is our top priority. We are asking for your help in keeping your family, and our community, safe from COVID-19.
What we ask of you:
- Practice and reinforce good prevention habits:
- Avoid close contact with others – even friends.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep hands away from your face.
- Help your children understand “social distancing” and why it’s important.
- Prior to arrival, ensure your children:
- Apply sunscreen.
- Use the restroom.
- Wash hands.
- Do a temperature check. Ensure your child does not have a temperature (over 100.4 F or higher), and keep your child at home if sick with any illness.
- Aside from a labeled water bottle, do not bring personal items from home. Face masks for participants are encouraged, but not required.
- When entering, moving through, and exiting the facility, please abide by all instructional health and safety signage and guidelines.
What to expect from us:
- Check-in: Participants will be asked to line up at the check-in table/counter while maintaining six feet of social distancing between households.
- Daily verbal screenings to confirm that your child does not have any of the symptoms or risk factors outlined in the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire.
- Instructor will verify registration(s) and sign in participant(s) on program roster.
- Participants will be placed in a group of 8 or less, and receive a quick orientation on staying safe while having fun.
- Participants will not be allowed to intermingle, or transfer between different groups.
- All materials and equipment will be single-use items, or will be disinfected before and after each use.
- The City has established thorough isolation, communication, and cleaning protocols to address any potential incidents of COVID-19 exposure.
- Check-out/Pick Up: Parents/guardians will be asked to line up at the check-out table/counter while maintaining six feet of social distancing.
- Instructor will verify release of child to parent/guardian, and sign out participant(s) on program roster.
The City of Irvine offers camps during these sessions:
- Winter Break (December-January)
- Spring Break/Intersession (March-April)
- Summer (June-August)
- Fall Intersession (September-October)
Parents: After registering for classes, you will need to complete the online 2020 Participant Permission & Medical Form for all kids younger than 18. One form per child is good for the entire calendar year!
For more information, please call 949-724-6400 or email@example.com.
2020 Winter Break Camps
Registration available on November 15.
University Community Park with Coach Juan
8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Turtle Rock Community Park with Coach Ross
Orange County Great Park Tennis Center with Coaches Ivan and Kevin
8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Las Lomas Community Park with Coach Minako
9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Camp Withdrawal Procedure
Requests must be received 10 days prior to the start date for the $5 withdrawal processing fee to apply. Requests received between one and nine days prior to the start date will be processed minus 50 percent of the enrollment fee. Withdrawals are not permitted once the camp begins. Switching is considered a withdrawal of original enrollment. Call 949-724-6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Full refunds/credits are available when programs are canceled or changed by the City or Instructor.