Drop-In and Open Gym Badminton
Outdoor Drop-in Play
Los Olivos Community Park Court #4 is now available for badminton play seven days a week. Court lights are on from dusk until 10 p.m. Los Olivos Community Park is located at 101 Alfonso in Irvine. For more information on outdoor badminton courts, please call 949-724-6292 email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indoor Badminton Open Gym
Badminton Open Gym is a registration-based program for individuals and doubles. Eight indoor badminton courts at the Irvine High School Practice Gym will be available for each timed session. Participants must bring their own rackets and shuttles. Registration is $5–7 depending on session, and must be made for each session.
- Check-in will start 10 minutes prior to course start Please do not enter the gym until you are checked in by staff. Please have a registration email confirmation ready to show staff when checking in.
- If players are waiting, all play must be doubles and each game can only be to one set.
- Winning teams will stay on the court, while the losing team will exit the court.
- Two players who are waiting will then join.
- If players are not waiting, participants may play singles and play to best of three sets.
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Players must stop play by 9:30 p.m., and must exit the gym upon completion of play.
Pre-registration is required and will be available two weeks prior to each session drop-in date for Irvine residents. Non-resident registration will open 12 days prior to each session drop-in date. Withdrawals and transfers are permissible when received 72 hours prior to class start. There is a $5 fee for registration withdrawals. Transfers are permissible at no additional charge permitted space is available. Withdrawal and transfer requests received within 72 hours of course start will not receive a refund. Please see yourirvine.org for additional registration policies.
Classes & Camps
Indoor Badminton Classes
The City of Irvine has partnered with the South Coast Chinese Cultural Center to offer youth badminton classes to the community. Classes are available quarterly, registration is available at yourirvine.org.
Outdoor Badminton, Tennis, & Pickleball Junior Camp
This summer camp is designed to introduce young athletes from ages 5 to 14 to a variety of racket sports in one setting. Visit yourirvine.org to learn more.