Come check out pickleball, the fastest-growing sport in the United States. A combination of tennis, badminton, and paddleball, it is played on a smaller version of a tennis court, with graphite paddles and a whiffle ball. It is easy to learn; fun for youth, adult, and senior players; a good workout; and very social as well as competitive. Players will meet and compete against other players of similar skills levels.
The City of Irvine has six lit pickleball courts located at Portola Springs Community Park. In addition, there are nine hybrid tennis and pickleball courts located at at Heritage, Knollcrest, Los Olivos, San Carlo, and University Community Parks.
For general pickleball questions, please call 949-724-6400 or email email@example.com.
Junior and Adult Group Lessons & Private Lessons
City of Irvine contract instructors teach junior, adult and private pickleball lessons at Portola Springs Community Park.
City of Irvine Team Pickleball (COITP) League
The City of Irvine Pickleball League (COITP) strives to promote sportsmanship, competition, and community involvement in a recreational setting.
Hours of League Play
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening from 6:00pm -10:00pm (depending on the level)
- Monday -Level 1 (Beginner) starts at 7PM
- Wednesday -Level 2 (Intermediate) will have 2 start times. 1st session will start at 6PM, 2nd session will start at 8PM
- Thursday -Level 3 (Advanced) starts at 6:30PM
Portola Springs Community Park
900 Tomato Springs
Irvine, CA 92620
- Level 1 (2.5-3.0)
- Level 2 (3.0-3.5)
- Level 3 (4.0-5.0)
- Each player must register within their appropriate division
- Must be able to play Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings at 7PM
- Minimum of 4 players per team roster, but there is a maximum of 8 players per team roster.
Rule and Regulations
- USAPA rules are in effect unless otherwise mentioned below
- A match will be played 2 out of 3 games to 11, win by 2.
- Rally scoring NOT in effect.
- Teams are not allowed to add players to the roster after week 2.
- The Top 4 teams will play for the championships. The seeding for the tournament will be based on the points earned.
- If teams are tied at the end of the regular season, overall points against will be used to determine tie breakers.
- If 2 players from a team are not present during the scheduled match start time, the game will be forfeited. There will be a 10 min grace period, following the scheduled start time.
- Players are expected to leave the court promptly at the conclusion of their league game. If there are no players waiting and no other games scheduled for that court players may stay on the court.
- Courts will be reserved for each league game. The courts will not be reserved beyond the scheduled game.
- Harassment or unsportsmanlike conduct is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- Players must clean up after themselves, please do not leave any trash behind
If you are looking for a team or need additional information, please email League Director Sara Singleton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All withdrawal/refund requests must be received in writing to email@example.com. Withdrawal/refund requests received at least 7 days before the first day of the camp or class are subject to a $5.00 processing fee per participant, per class. Withdrawal/refund requests for classes are not available if the request falls within 6 days of the class start date. Withdrawal/refund requests for camps received prior to the start of the 2nd day of camp are processed less 50% of the enrollment fee. If a participant misses a class or camp session, no credits or make-up sessions will be available.