Come check out pickleball, the fastest-growing sport in the United States. A combination of tennis, badminton, and paddleball, it is played on a smaller version of a tennis court, with graphite paddles and a whiffle ball. It is easy to learn; fun for youth, adult, and senior players; a good workout; and very social as well as competitive. Players will meet and compete against other players of similar skills levels.
The City of Irvine has six lit pickleball courts located at Portola Springs Community Park and two lit pickleball courts located at San Carlo Park. In addition, there are nine hybrid tennis and pickleball courts located at at Heritage, Knollcrest, Los Olivos, San Carlo, Turtle Rock and University Community Parks.
For general pickleball questions, please call 949-724-6400 or email email@example.com.
Pickleball Court Reservations
Pickleball court reservations are now available at Portola Springs Community Park, Courts #5 and #6. Residents may book up to five days in advance, while non-residents may book three days in advance.
All reservations must be made online by visiting yourirvine.org.
- Resident Rate: $15/hr
- Non-Resident Rate: $17/hr
Reservations can be made in one or two hour increments, with individuals allowed to have one reservation per day.
Courts can be reserved Monday through Sunday, between the hours of 8 a.m. to noon, and 4 to 10 p.m.
Please have your proof of the Facility Rental Permit upon request.
Do not enter the court until your reservation time has begun, and please vacate the court once your reservation time has ended.
Court #5 and #6 can be used for drop-in play if there is not a reservation, or if a reservation no-shows. Please immediately vacate the court if a reservation holder arrives during their allotted time.
Reservations are nonrefundable with the exception of inclement weather. Inclement weather may include rain, wind, unhealthy air quality, extreme heat, or as deemed by City staff. Reservations cannot be transferred to another date or individual.
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-724-6617.
Junior and Adult Group Lessons & Private Lessons
City of Irvine contract instructors teach junior, adult and private pickleball lessons at Portola Springs Community Park, Heritage Park or San Carlo Park.
City of Irvine Team Pickleball (COITP) League
The City of Irvine Pickleball League (COITP) strives to promote sportsmanship, competition, and community involvement in a recreational setting.
- Fall league dates: Level 2 Intermediate Starts 11/1/23
- Skill Rating:3.5-3.9
If the player has a DUPR or UTPR rating, please provide that to Sara Singleton when signing up.
- Time: Evening
- Number of teams per night: 8
- Cost per Team: $300
- Nights of Play: Monday (Beginner) 8 teams, Wednesday (Intermediate) 8 teams, Thursday (Advanced Intermediate) 8 teams.
- Score Format: 2 out of 3 games play to 11 wins by 2.
- The top 4 teams will head to the Championship Bracket
- Team: minimum 4 players (2 women/2 men) up to 8 players.
- Player age: 18+
Portola Springs Community Park
900 Tomato Springs
Irvine, CA 92620
Rule and Regulations
- USAPA rules are in effect unless otherwise mentioned below.
- A match will be played 2 out of 3 games to 11, win by 2.
- Rally scoring NOT in effect.
- Teams are not allowed to add players to the roster after week 2.
- The Top 4 teams will play for the championships. The seeding for the tournament will be based on the points earned.
- If teams are tied at the end of the regular season, overall points against will be used to determine tie breakers.
- If 2 players from a team are not present during the scheduled match start time, the game will be forfeited. There will be a 10 min grace period, following the scheduled start time.
- Players are expected to leave the court promptly at the conclusion of their league game. If there are no players waiting and no other games scheduled for that court players may stay on the court.
- Courts will be reserved for each league game. The courts will not be reserved beyond the scheduled game.
- Harassment or unsportsmanlike conduct is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- Players must clean up after themselves, please do not leave any trash behind.
If you are looking for a team or need additional information, please email League Director Sara Singleton at email@example.com.
All withdrawal/refund requests must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawal/refund requests received at least 7 days before the first day of the camp or class are subject to a $5.00 processing fee per participant, per class. Withdrawal/refund requests for classes are not available if the request falls within 6 days of the class start date. Withdrawal/refund requests for camps received prior to the start of the 2nd day of camp are processed less 50% of the enrollment fee. If a participant misses a class or camp session, no credits or make-up sessions will be available.