Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Irvine Senior Services. To ensure we are meeting the needs of our senior community, we ask that all volunteers commit to volunteering a minimum of three hours per week for at least six months. The majority of our volunteer opportunities are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you need weekend or evening hours, please see the Fitness Center Attendant and Facility Operations Support opportunities.
If you are interested in volunteering in the Rose Garden Cafe, please contact Connie Larr at 949-724-6096 or email@example.com.
Rose Garden Café Dishwasher │ Lakeview Senior Center
Scrape and rinse dishes after the lunch program at the Rose Garden Café.
- Duties: This volunteer position requires scraping and rinsing dishes, putting them through the commercial grade dishwasher and putting them away after being washed. This is more fun than it sounds and you work with a great team.
- Requirements: Must be 16+, negative Tuberculosis (TB) test within past year.
- Available Shifts: Monday through Friday from noon–2 p.m.
Rose Garden Café Scanner │ Lakeview Senior Center
Greet participants in the café and scan participant information
- Duties: Set up sign-in table with laptop and necessary paperwork, input daily lunch service information into online database, scan participant barcode into database, introduce new participants to the program, and greet all customers.
- Requirements: Must be 16+ and commit to one weekly shift for a minimum of three months.
- Available Shifts: Thursdays from 11 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
Rose Garden Café Server │ Lakeview Senior Center
Serve lunch to seniors during the lunch program at the Rose Garden Café.
- Duties: Ability to serve plated meals and drinks to seniors.
- Requirements: Must be 14+, negative Tuberculosis (TB) test within the past year.
- Available Shifts: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 11 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Kitchen Assistant │ Lakeview Senior Center
Prepare, package, and plate foods for both the Rose Garden Café and Meals on Wheels.
- Duties: This involves chopping, cutting, peeling, and preparing food for up to 200 persons.
- Requirements: Must be 16+, negative TB test with in the past year
- Available Shifts: Mondays from 8 a.m.–noon