Please note: By emergency order, City of Irvine senior centers are closed until further notice. As a preventative measure in response to mitigating the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), recruitment of any new volunteers is currently on hold. If you wish to be added to an interest list for when volunteer opportunities are available, please email Community Services Senior Leader Crystal Nguyen at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Irvine Senior Services. To ensure we are meeting the needs of our senior community, we ask that all volunteers commit to volunteering a minimum of three hours per week for at least six months. The majority of our volunteer opportunities are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you need weekend or evening hours, please see the Fitness Center Attendant and Facility Operations Support opportunities.
If you are interested in volunteering in the Rose Garden Cafe, please contact 949-724-6096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rose Garden Café Dishwasher │ Lakeview Senior Center
Scrape and rinse dishes after the lunch program at the Rose Garden Café.
- Duties: This volunteer position requires scraping and rinsing dishes, putting them through the commercial grade dishwasher and putting them away after being washed. This is more fun than it sounds and you work with a great team.
- Requirements: Must be 16+, negative Tuberculosis (TB) test within past year.
- Available Shifts: Monday through Friday from noon–2 p.m.
Rose Garden Café Server │ Lakeview Senior Center
Serve lunch to seniors during the lunch program at the Rose Garden Café.
- Duties: Ability to serve plated meals and drinks to seniors.
- Requirements: Must be 14+, negative Tuberculosis (TB) test within the past year.
- Available Shifts: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays from 11 a.m.–1:30 p.m.