The listed facilities are confidential and the Irvine Police Department will not be involved unless specifically requested by the juvenile, parent and/or guardian.
1 Civic Center Plaza
FOR Families provides information and short-term support to individuals, couples and families living or working in Irvine who need assistance identifying and accessing needed services and resources. Our focus is on supporting the well-being of our community members.
School-based resources for students and families
FREE individual and small group counseling for students at all Irvine middle and high schools. In addition, Project Success staff can assist with referrals to community counseling resources and parent education opportunities. For information and/or referrals, please call 949-936-7480.
Coastal Mountain Youth Academy
31882 Camino Capistrano, Ste 106
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
CMYA is an educational and therapeutic program for “at promise” youth. It consists of a sober day school that serves male and female adolescents between the ages of 14-17. These youth struggle with issues such as addiction, truancy, abuse, juvenile detention and probation.
Irvine Family Resource Center
Located at Creekside Education Center
North Campus, Rm. N-22
3387 Barranca Parkway
Irvine, CA 92606
The more drug use begins to affect and control a person's life, the more likely it is that he or she has a drug problem. Unfortunately, substance abusers are often the last ones to recognize their own symptoms of dependence and addiction. If you suspect that a friend or loved one is abusing drugs, it's important to remember that drug abusers often try to conceal their symptoms and downplay their problem. But there are a number of warning signs you can look for:
- Inability to relax or have fun without doing drugs.
- Sudden changes in work or school attendance and quality of work or grades.
- Frequently borrowing money, selling possessions, or stealing items from employer, home, or school.
- Angry outbursts, mood swings, irritability, manic behavior, or overall attitude change.
- Talking incoherently or making inappropriate remarks.
- Deterioration of physical appearance and grooming.
- Wearing sunglasses and/or long sleeve shirts frequently or at inappropriate times.
- No longer spending time with friends who don't use drugs and/or associating with known users.
- Engaging in secretive or suspicious behaviors, such as making frequent trips to the restroom, basement, or other isolated areas where drug use would be undisturbed.
- Talking about drugs all the time and pressuring others to use.
- Expressing feelings of exhaustion, depression, and hopelessness.
- Using drugs first thing in the morning.
California Youth Crisis Line 800-843-5200
Suicide Hotline 877-727-4747
CSP Youth Shelter: 714-842-6600
The CSP Youth Shelter in Huntington Beach is a short-term intervention “safe-haven” for runaway, homeless and at-risk youth 11-17 years of age. The program provides a safe, supportive, therapeutic environment designed to give youth the experience of belonging to a group of caring, responsible people, and to provide them with the catalyst to stop the cycle of running away and homelessness.
- Family strengthening and reunification
- Diversion of at-risk youth from the juvenile justice system
- Homelessness prevention
- School drop-out prevention
- Temporary shelter
- 24 – Hour supervision
- Individual therapy sessions
- Family therapy sessions
- Support group counseling
- Academic assistance and tutoring
- Parenting groups
- Drug abuse education and prevention
- Skill-building development
- Self-sufficiency training
- Job/Career readiness
- Exercise and recreational activities
- Aftercare services
FOR Families provides information and short-term support to individuals, couples and families living in Irvine who need assistance identifying and accessing needed services and resources.
Orange County 2-1-1
Information and referral system that links Orange County residences to community health and human services and support.
Irvine Prevention Coalition
Programs and services that benefit children and families in Irvine.