If you are having problems in your relationship with a loved one and/or partner, FOR Families staff is here to help. Please call 949-724-6650 to request a consultation appointment. We can provide resources for affordable counseling, financial issues, legal advice, parenting and support groups, and more.
How to Tell if You're Being Abused
Does the person you love:
- Threaten to hurt you or your children?
- Call you names or accuse you of having affairs?
- Throw you down, or push, hit, choke, kick or slap you?
- Say it is your fault if he or she hits you, then promises it won't happen again?
- Demean you in public or keep you from contacting your family or friends?
- Lose temper and destroy property?
- Force you to have sex when you don't want to?
Just one "yes" answer means you're involved in an abusive relationship. If so, you're not alone and you have choices. The City of Irvine FOR Families program is here to help.
Additional resources include: