Please note: To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community, some indoor facilities and outdoor recreational spaces may be closed or have modified access until further notice.
Irvine outdoor park spaces, including Harvard Skate Park, remain open for passive use by individuals while wearing a face covering. In accordance with state guidelines, gatherings of people from more than three households are prohibited, and individuals must maintain physical distance from others outside of their group. Playgrounds are open. Athletic outdoor spaces may be open for practices, games, and competitions with modifications. Modified recreational programming is available to the community and registration is open at yourirvine.org. Learn more at the City Facility Updates webpage.
The Harvard Skate Park combines a safe and positive environment with a high-quality skateboarding facility. It offers 10,000 square feet of skating surface, a spine, the Bowl, and lights for skating at night. Since opening in the summer of 2000, the Harvard Skate Park has become one of the top skateboarding locations in Orange County. All ages and skill levels are welcome.
Rules and Code of Conduct
- No person shall skate or skateboard at times other than the posted hours of operation.
- Skating adjacent to the skate facility is prohibited.
- All skaters must wear the proper safety equipment including a helmet, elbow pads, and kneepads designed for skateboard and in-line skating use.
- No additional obstacles or materials permitted within the skate facility.
- No portable/personal stereos and no headphones.
- Spectators not permitted within the skate facility.
- No graffiti or tagging permitted.
- No glass containers.
- All trash must be put in trash receptacles provided or be removed from the park.
- No weapons.
- Only skateboards and in-line skates permitted. Bicycles and scooters are not allowed.
- No skating during rain or during wet conditions.
- No tobacco, alcohol, drug use or profanity is allowed.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Skateboarding and in-line skating are determined to be hazardous recreation activities. The City of Irvine will not be liable for injuries pursuant to California Health and Safety Code §115800 and §115800.1.
- Failure to comply with posted regulations may result in a citation. I.M.C. 3-4-112