Holidayz at the Park
‘Tis the season for family fun and holiday cheer at the Orange County Great Park. Enjoy “Holidayz at the Park” November 23–December 31, when the park will be transformed into a winterscape featuring holiday-themed art, music, and lights.
- Take a stroll through the Palm Court and visit "Air Santa," our larger-than-life modern take on Santa's transportation as he prepares to depart with his load of gifts and toys.
- Enjoy train rides Saturday evenings from 4 to 8 p.m. beginning December 14.
- Visit the Artist Studios to enjoy interactive displays and festive photo backdrops for the best selfie stations you'll find this season!
- Sign up for seasonally themed programs, where kids and families can paint their own stocking, decorate a gingerbread house, learn calligraphy, and more.
Activities begin in November, while the park lighting and decorations go up December 1. See below to plan your visit to the Great Park to enjoy Holidayz at the Park.
The Palm Court will be lit up seven days a week all December long! Visit the Palm Court Arts Complex during the day to be greeted by dazzling sights and jolly sounds of the holidays. Music will fill the air, and the Palm Court will be adorned with holiday decorations and "Air Santa," a larger-than-life airplane paying homage to the holiday season and the Great Park's military roots. Palm Court decor will be the perfect backdrop for seasonal photos of families and kids, and will include a 20-foot tree, a 10-foot illuminated ornament, additional giant snowflakes and ornaments, and more. Swing by the Palm Court at night to enjoy festival displays illuminated with LED lights, making it the perfect spot for an evening holiday stroll.
Celebrate the season with festive selfies! The Artist Studios will be transformed into an interactive environment with photo backdrops and interactive holiday displays. Enjoy special extended hours during Holidayz at the Park, when the Artist Studios will be open 6–9 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays, and noon–9 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Admission to the Artist Studios and Palm Court are free.
Programs & Activities
The Great Park is hosting a variety of programs and activities as part of Holidayz at the Park. Registration may be required at yourirvine.org, and fees vary by activity. Click the titles below to learn more and sign up today.
- Art on a Sock, Saturday, November, 23, 10 a.m.–noon and 2–4 p.m.: Paint a fun and festive design on your own stocking. Ages 5+.
- Family Reindeer Games, Saturday, December 7, and Sunday, December 15: Gather round for family friendly, festive lawn games and activities. All ages welcome.
- Modern Calligraphy, Sunday, December 8, 10 a.m.–noon: Learn to stylize your pen strokes to create beautiful pieces, such as a custom wood ornament to take home and display on your tree. Ages 12+.
- Gingerbread House Decorating Workshop, Saturday, December 14, 10–11:30 a.m.: Decorate a gingerbread house with your kids. Ages 5+.
- Pajama Party Movie Night, Friday, December 20, 7–8:30 p.m.: Curl up in festive pajamas to watch Polar Express on the big screen. All ages welcome.
- Storybook Time in the Farm: Enjoy a holiday-themed story in the Farm + Food Lab. Ages 3–8.