Great Park Key Documents
Below are a variety of transparency documents and negotiating agreements related to the history and building of the Orange County Great Park. Click each link below for more information.
Community Facilities Districts (CFDs)
- CFD No. 2013-3 (Great Park)
- Community Facilities District Report (March 26, 2013)
- City Council Meeting Approving Formation of Community Facilities District: Staff Report and Supporting Documents (Item 4.1)
Great Park Monthly Development Report
- July 28, 2020 - Great Park Development Report
- June 23, 2020 - Great Park Development Report
- April 28, 2020 - Great Park Development Report
- March 24, 2020 - Great Park Development Report
- February 25, 2020 - Great Park Development Report
- January 28, 2020 - Great Park Development Report
- November 26, 2019 - Great Park Development Report
- October 22, 2019 - Great Park Development Report
Environmental Impact Reports
- 2016 Orange County Great Park Corporation Financial Statements
- Prior Years Orange County Great Park Corporation Financial Statements
- 2019 Orange County Great Park Funds Financial Statement
- Prior Years Orange County Great Park Funds Financial Statements
- Measure W (March 5, 2002)
Established the former MCAS El Toro site as a park, eliminated a regional airport as an approved land use.
- Orange County Great Park Corporation Articles of Incorporation
- Property Tax Transfer & Pre-Annexation Agreement among the City of Irvine, The Irvine Redevelopment Agency, and the County of Orange, Regarding the Annexation and Reuse of Former MCAS El Toro (March 4, 2003)
Agreement between City of Irvine and County of Orange waiving County’s opposition of the City’s annexation of MCAS El Toro, providing tax transfer protocols and permitting certain uses on County retained land.
- Great Park Development Agreement (July 12, 2005)
Agreement between the City of Irvine, Lennar Homes, and Heritage Fields El Toro LLC provided Lennar Homes with vested development rights in exchange for land dedicated to the City and infrastructure and financial obligations.
- Master Implementation Agreement By and Between Heritage Fields El Toro LLC and City of Irvine (June 27, 2006)
Protocol agreement for Backbone Infrastructure.
- City Council Resolution 06-71: A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Irvine Affirming Protection of the City's General Funds in the Planning, Construction, Operation and Maintenance of the Orange County Great Park (June 13, 2006)
Protection of City General Funds.
- Initiative Ordinance 08-17: An Ordinance of the City of Irvine Ratifying and Implementing Policies Relating to the Orange County Great Park (December 9, 2008)
Implementing Polices for the Great Park (Expired 2012)
- Amended and Restated Development Agreement Between the City of Irvine and the Irvine Redevelopment Agency and Heritage Fields El Toro LLC (ARDA) (December 22, 2010)
Agreement to add the Irvine Redevelopment Agency to the Development Agreement and amending certain terms and conditions. Provides for Heritage Fields transfer of additional parcels to City.
- Amended and Restated Master Implementation Agreement By and Between Heritage Fields El Toro LLC and City of Irvine (ARMIA) (December 22, 2010)
Agreement updating the original protocol agreement.
- Agreement with City of Irvine as Adjacent Landowner (ALA I) (September 13, 2011)
This Agreement accelerated certain Backbone Infrastructure and added $40.5 million in Developer Funding. This Agreement also provided for certain coordination matters and amended City land-use restrictions created in previous agreements.
- Second Agreement with City of Irvine as Adjacent Landowner (ALA II) (November 26, 2013)
Agreement between the City of Irvine and Heritage Fields for Heritage Fields to construct 688-acres of the Great Park in exchange for additional development rights on its adjacent property.
- City Council Ordinance 14-04: Orange County Great Park Fiscal Transparency and Reforms Act - Measure V (December 19, 2014)
This ordinance created financial controls for expenditures of Great Park funds, established annual auditing requirements, and formalized structural changes to the Great Park Board of Directors and operations of the Orange County Great Park.