The Farm + Food Lab is a unique and interactive outdoor classroom for visitors of all ages, featuring themed raised-bed gardens, fruit trees, vertical gardening, a worm compost bin, and solar and wind-powered lights. It is a working and dynamic organic horticulture area with a mission to educate visitors about gardening, inspire innovative and unique ideas, and facilitate a thriving community of people working in partnership. Visitors can experience the Pizza and Spaghetti Garden, Butterfly Garden and chicken coop, or take classes on pickling and canning. The Farm + Food Lab is the perfect place to enhance your gardening knowledge or learn the basics about starting your first garden.
Farm + Food Lab Guidelines During COVID-19
- Following the state's Blueprint for a Safer Economy, the following changes are in place:
- No more than 30 visitors at a time.
- Gatherings of people from more than three households are prohibited, and individuals must maintain physical distance from others outside of their group.
- Classes will be offered in person with social distancing guidelines in place, and in virtual form.
- Do not enter the Farm + Food Lab if you are exhibiting any illness symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Facial coverings are required for those ages 2 and older.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance between other family groups.
- One family group per exhibit. Please refrain from lingering when others are waiting.
- Seating and picnicking is not permitted
- Groups and tours are not permitted.
The City of Irvine and Great Park appreciate your cooperation as we work together to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community, and apologize for any inconvenience.
Tuesday–Sunday: 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
Hours may vary on holidays, and the Farm + Food Lab may close due to weather. Please call the Visitors Center at 949-724-6247 for the most up-to-date information. Parking and admission are free.
The Great Park Farm + Food Lab is operated in partnership with Solutions for Urban Ag. Browse upcoming free workshops here. Additional fee-based workshops may be listed at the Solutions for Urban Ag website.