Staff Development Day for School-Age Care and Education Professionals
Saturday, March 14, 2020, 7:45 a.m.-2 p.m.
Lakeview Senior Center, 20 Lake Road, Irvine
$16 for individuals living or working in Irvine; $21 for nonresidents. Light lunch provided.
This one-day professional development conference offers four one-hour workshop sessions for individuals working with children ages 5-12 years old.
30 different workshops will be offered on a variety of topics including:
- Story Builders: Child Development and Neuroplasticity in Education
- Making Sense of Mindset: Why "Good Job" is Bad News
- Understanding Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Meet Standards and Build 21st Century Skills with Homemade Toys and Games
- Transforming Reactions to Responses - The Power of The Pause
- Looking Beneath the Behavior Iceberg - Getting to the Root of "Misbehavior" and Finding Long-term Solutions
- Got Social Skills? - Skills and Tools for Teaching Social Skills
- How to Effectively Communicate at Work
- Art Instruction for Children Grades K-6
- Recycle, Reduce, Reuse, Don't Throw It Away
- Outdoor Games
- Music and Movement
- Collaborative Art
Visit yourirvine.org to register online. Individual registration only. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Reserve your space today.
For more information, call 949-724-6632 or email the Child Care Coordination Office.