Please note: By emergency declaration, City of Irvine community centers and indoor facilities, as well as athletic facilities such as tennis courts, pickleball courts, athletic fields, basketball courts, and stadiums are closed until further notice. This preventative measure is in response to mitigating the spread of COVID-19. The Irvine City Council and City staff offer our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. Please visit cityofirvine.org for updates.
City of Irvine outdoor park spaces remain open for passive use, and visitors must practice social distancing, following federal guidelines to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). COVID-19 is spread through close person-to-person contact, and the Centers for Disease Control warns that some spread might be possible before people show symptoms. For more information on the City’s measures to prevent spread in our community, visit cityofirvine.org.
The Child Resource Center (CRC) is a member-based lending library for families and early childhood education professionals. Come in and take a tour.
- Tools to support every area of children's development from birth through school age including:
- Educational toys: math manipulatives, music and movement materials, emergent literacy resources, science materials
- Children's books to extend early learning
- Children's music CDs: classical, jazz, world music, and contemporary children's artists
- Child development, parenting, activity, and curriculum books
- Family child care business reference materials
- DVDs and training materials for parents and early childhood educators
- Ages and Stages Questionnaires 3: developmental screening tool for children ages 4 months to 5 years
- Lamination and Ellison die cut machines
Child Resource Center Online Library Catalog
Search* the catalog of more than 3,000 items.
*Search by subject, title or author. Educational toys are searchable by title, subject area or age group including: Toddler toy, preschool toy or school age toy.
Detailed search instructions
New Educational Toys Available
Membership is required to check out resources or use equipment at the CRC. To become a member, visit the CRC, take a tour, complete a membership application and agreement, and submit with payment. Group memberships are available to agencies with multiple staff members approved to use the CRC. Annual membership rates listed below.
|Membership Type||Irvine Residents||Non-Irvine Residents|
|Small School (3-9 Staff)||$75||$80|
|Medium School (10-20 Staff)||$100||$105|
|Large School (30+ Staff)||$125||$130|
There is a Little Free Library everyone is welcome to use located in the center.