Please note: To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community, some indoor facilities and outdoor recreational spaces may be closed or have modified access until further notice.
The Child Resource Center Lending Library is now offering curbside service. Please see below for more information.
Irvine outdoor park spaces remain open for passive use. Outdoor playgrounds, and athletic and recreational fields and courts, have reopened with modified access. Modified recreational programming will be available to the community and registration is open at yourirvine.org. Learn more at the City Facility Updates webpage.
The Child Resource Center (CRC) is a member-based lending library for families and early childhood education professionals. The CRC offers contactless curbside service to members Monday through Thursday, 2 to 6 p.m.
What is the Lending Library?
The CRC Lending Library features tools to support every area of children's development from birth through school age, including:
- Children's books to extend early learning
- Children's music CDs: classical, jazz, world music, and contemporary children's artists
- Child development, parenting, activity, and curriculum books
- Family child care business reference materials
- DVDs and training materials for parents and early childhood educators
- Educational toys: math manipulatives, music and movement materials, emergent literacy resources, science materials (currently unavailable)
- Lamination and Ellison die cut machines (currently unavailable)
How Curbside Service Works
- Members can search and reserve items through an online library catalog here.
- Detailed instructions on reserving materials are available here.
- Membership is required to reserve items; please see information becoming a member below.
- Members will receive an email notification letting them know the day their items are ready.
- Drive to the Irvine Child Resource Center on your assigned pick-up day.
- Please note: Items not picked up on the day you receive your notification will be placed back on the shelves for others to reserve.
- Park in the designated curbside service parking spots, and remain in your car.
- Call the number on the sign when you arrive.
- Once your items have been set on the table, please wait for staff to move 6 feet away before leaving your vehicle to retrieve your items.
- Library materials may be returned in the bins provided in the curbside area during curbside service hours.
- Park in the designated curbside service parking spots.
- Call the Irvine Child Resource Center to let them know you are returning items.
- Place any returns in the plastic bins.
- Please make sure to wear facial coverings and maintain 6 feet of distance from others when outside your vehicle.
Want to learn more? View frequently asked questions about the Lending Library's curbside service here.
Become a Member
Membership is required to check out resources or use equipment at the CRC. To become a member, join online here. Annual membership rates are listed below.
|Membership Type||Irvine Residents||Non-Irvine Residents|