Please note: The City of Irvine continues to follow state and local health and safety guidelines. Our community centers and indoor facilities are open for drop-in use. Outdoor recreational spaces including parks, playgrounds, and athletic fields and courts are open. Recreational programming is available to the community for registration at yourirvine.org. Learn more at cityofirvine.org/reopenirvine.
The Child Resource Center Lending Library is now offering curbside service. Please see below for more information.
The Child Resource Center (CRC) is a member-based lending library for families and early childhood education professionals. The CRC offers contactless curbside service to members Monday through Thursday, 2 to 7 p.m.
What is the Lending Library?
The CRC Lending Library features tools to support every area of children's development from birth through school age, including:
- Children's books to extend early learning
- Children's music CDs: classical, jazz, world music, and contemporary children's artists
- Child development, parenting, activity, and curriculum books
- Family child care business reference materials
- DVDs and training materials for parents and early childhood educators
- Educational toys: math manipulatives, music and movement materials, emergent literacy resources, science materials
- Lamination and Ellison die cut machines (available by appointment only). Click here to view list of available die cuts.
How Curbside Service Works
- Members can search and reserve items through an online library catalog here.
- Detailed instructions on reserving materials are available here.
- Membership is required to reserve items; please see Become a Member information below.
- Members will receive an email notification letting them know the day their items are ready.
- Drive to the Irvine Child Resource Center on your assigned pick-up day.
- Park in the designated curbside service parking spots, and remain in your car.
- Call the number on the sign when you arrive.
- Once your items have been set on the table, please wait for staff to move 6 feet away before leaving your vehicle to retrieve your items.
- Library materials may be returned in the bins provided in the curbside area during curbside service hours.
- Park in the designated curbside service parking spots.
- Call the Irvine Child Resource Center to let staff know you are returning items.
- Place any returns in the plastic bins.
- Please make sure to wear facial coverings and maintain 6 feet of distance from others when outside your vehicle.
Want to learn more? View frequently asked questions about the Lending Library's curbside service here.
Become a Member
Membership is required to check out resources or use equipment at the CRC. To become a member, join online here. Annual membership rates are listed below.
|Membership Type||Irvine Residents||Non-Irvine Residents|