The Irvine Animal Care Center is offering adoptions by appointment only. Although drop-in services are not available, we will be scheduling adoption appointments so you can bring home a new family member.
Please note: The Irvine Animal Care Center is following the guidelines of the OC Health Care Agency and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We strongly encourage those who are experiencing symptoms of illness, have knowingly been exposed, or are considered high-risk for contracting COVID-19 to postpone any adoptions at this time. As defined by the CDC, high-risk populations include older adults (ages 65 and higher) as well as people who have serious, chronic medical conditions (such as heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease). Thank you for your cooperation in helping protect your safety and the safety of our staff and center pets at this time.
- View our list of adoptable animals at irvineanimals.org/adopt. If you’d like more information about any pet, contact the center at 949-724-7740.
- Adoption parties will be limited to two individuals at a time. This temporarily supersedes our regular Adoption Criteria.
- Please keep in mind that we do not hold available pets for adoption. Adoptions will continue to be first-come, first-serve.
Weekdays: Noon-5 p.m.
Weekends: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Closed Tuesdays and Holidays
To Adopt a Pet
- Review the center’s Adoption Criteria and view the list of adoptable pets at irvineanimals.org/adopt.
- Contact the center during adoption hours at 949-724-7740 to start the adoption process.
- Staff will email you the Pre-Adoption Survey. This form will help our staff learn more about you and your household so we can help you find a good fit for your family.
- After receiving the survey, staff will reach out to set up a phone appointment to review the survey and discuss potential suitable animals.
- If a match is made, an in-person appointment will be set up to meet with the animal and complete the adoption process. To prepare for the appointment, potential adopters should arrive wearing face coverings and expect to take other precautionary measures in compliance with the City of Irvine's Executive Order.
For more information on our adoption process, visit irvineanimals.org/adopt.