The California Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant Program is re-launching with a new application period, beginning Monday, May 9 at 10 a.m.
After many of the previous applications were invalid, nearly $2 million remains from the one-time grant awarded from the State of California to help support microbusinesses. The County will provide payments of $2,500 to microbusinesses and entrepreneurs facing barriers to accessing capital, including businesses owned by women, minorities, veterans, individuals without documentation, individuals with limited English proficiency, and business owners located in low wealth communities.
To be eligible, microbusinesses must meet the following requirements:
- The microbusiness began its operation prior to December 31, 2019.
- The microbusiness is currently active and operating or has a clear plan to reopen when the state permits the reopening of the business.
- The microbusiness was significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The microbusiness had less than fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) in gross revenues in the 2019 taxable year.
- The microbusiness currently has fewer than five full-time equivalent employees and had fewer than five full-time equivalent employees in the 2019 and 2020 taxable years.
- The microbusiness is not a business excluded from participation in the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program, as specified in paragraph (2) of subdivision (f) of Section 12100.82.
If awarded, microbusinesses can use the funding for the purchase of new equipment; investment in working capital; application for, or renewal of, a local permit; payment of business debt built up during the COVID-19 pandemic; or costs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and related health and safety restrictions, or business interruptions or closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Business owners can apply at oconestop.com/grant-relief-programs beginning Monday, May 6. Awards will be granted until funds are exhausted. For questions about the program or for assistance submitting an application, call the Orange County Business and Economic Recovery Call Center at 714-480-6500.