IRVINE, Calif. (June 28, 2016): The City of Irvine is pleased to once again host a summer tradition when the Sizzlin’ Summer Concerts series returns to Mike Ward Community Park – Woodbridge on July 10.
Bring the family out for six concerts that cover the musical spectrum. A children’s play area and gourmet food trucks are part of the festivities. A portion of the proceeds from food sales will benefit Irvine nonprofit organizations.
Guests should bring chairs and blankets; layered clothing is recommended. Concerts begin at 5:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
2016 Sizzlin’ Summer Concert Series
- Sunday, July 10: Gold Rush Country – Country
- Sunday, July 17: Identity Theft – ’80s variety
- Sunday, July 24: Blue Breeze Band – Motown, R&B, Soul and Funk
- Sunday, July 31: Symphony in the Cities
- 5:30 p.m. – Musical Playground for Children
- 7 p.m. – Pacific Symphony Concert led by Music Director Carl St.Clair
- Sunday, Aug. 7: L.A.vation – U2 tribute band
- Sunday, Aug. 14: Dog N’ Butterfly – Heart tribute band
For more information, call 949-724-6606.
Since its incorporation in 1971, Irvine has become a nationally recognized city, with a population of 258,386 that spans 66 square miles and is recognized as one of America’s safest and most successful master-planned urban communities. Top-rated educational institutions, an enterprising business atmosphere, sound environmental stewardship, and respect for diversity all contribute to Irvine’s enviable quality of life. This family-friendly city features more than 16,000 acres of parks, sports fields and dedicated open space and is the home of the Orange County Great Park. For more information, please visit cityofirvine.org.
# # #