The City of Irvine is accepting applications to fill two member-at-large vacancies and two student vacancies on the Green Ribbon Environmental Committee (Committee). The Committee advises the City Council and makes recommendations on matters related to energy, recycling and waste management, mobility, open space and water issues.
Applicants may be an Irvine resident, student, or businessperson. Members-at-large will serve two-year terms, while students who are currently in middle school or high school will serve one-year terms.
Selection will be based on:
- Professional or civic expertise in an environmental field, including, but not limited to, planning, environmental sciences, health, law or related field.
- Educational experience in an environmental field, including, but not limited to, planning, ecology, geology, hydrology, or related field.
- Demonstrated concern for, and the desire to improve, the status of natural resources and environment of the City of Irvine.
- Personal engagement in environmental volunteer activities, or efforts to raise awareness on environmental issues.
- The Committee meets every other month at 4:30 p.m. Currently, the meetings are held virtually.
The application period begins Monday, March 22. Applications are available online here. Completed applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 25.
Please direct any questions to Tricia Sosa at 949-724-7320 or firstname.lastname@example.org