The City of Irvine, Community Services Department is responsible for managing the Facility Reservation process, and reservations are accepted and processed on a calendar-year basis. The following information is to provide notice that the City will begin accepting 2021 facility reservation applications in August 2020, with dates determined by the City's Community Facilities Reservation Policy. The information below will help guide you through the City’s Facility Reservation process and to provide guidelines and requirements associated with completing a permit application.
Facility Reservations Permit Application Instructions and Guidelines for 2021
The Facility Reservations annual calendar begins on January 1, 2021 and the user categories outlined in the Community Facilities Reservation Policy determine the timeframe the City accepts applications. User group categories balance reservation requests, and a formal permitting process ensures equitable access for groups such as private individuals, non-profit organizations, government agencies and commercial entities. City of Irvine programs, services, and events have priority over all groups. The resident and non-resident categories define the assignment of fees and charges and scheduling priority
Reservations are accepted and processed on a calendar-year basis. Requests will be received and processed in accordance with the Community Facilities Reservation Policy on a first-come, first-served basis.
COVID-19 Guidelines for 2021 Facility Reservation Applications
The City of Irvine’s Emergency Order follows state and local guidelines concerning group gatherings and social distancing. As the Emergency Order has placed certain restrictions on use of Irvine facilities, 2021 facility reservation applications will be accepted and processed as follows:
- Requested reservation dates will be placed on a temporary hold for applicant.
- All required paperwork must be submitted to City staff upon confirmation of date availability and temporary hold.
- Reservation fees and deposit will not be due at time of the placement of the temporary hold.
- Thirty (30) days prior to reservation date, City staff will reevaluate the event with updated state and local guidelines to determine if the reservation can proceed.
- Payment of deposit and reservation fees are due upon confirmation of reservation falling within guidelines to proceed.
In accordance with policy, applications are accepted in accordance with the following calendar (refer to Policy for category explanations):
- Monday, August 3, 2020, at 8 a.m. for Irvine resident private parties (Category B (R) Residents)*.
- Applications require proof of residency such as a current utility bill.
- Monday, August 10, 2020, at 8 a.m. for Nonprofit groups (Category A (R) Residents) *
- Visit our Nonprofit Rental Information page for details.
- Monday, August 17, 2020, at 8 a.m. for all other groups (Categories A Non-Residents, B Non-Residents, C Residents and Non-Residents)*.