About the Festival
Celebrating 21 Years of Food, Art, Music & Irvine's Diverse Heritage and Culture!
Make plans to attend the City of Irvine’s signature festival on Saturday, October 8, 10 a.m.–6 p.m. at Great Park in Irvine.
The 2022 Irvine Global Village Festival will celebrate 21 years of community fun. The annual festival incorporates the best of Irvine’s historic fall festivals to offer more food, art, and music over a full day at Great Park.
Families will delight in an action-packed Kids Village with crafts, interactive activities, and a petting zoo. Attendees of all ages will enjoy local and global cuisine, a global marketplace, music, art, and exhibits, all while attending Orange County’s premier festival.
On October 8, celebrate our multicultural community through music, art, food, and fun:
- Taste a variety of food items, ranging from global cuisine to festival staples, with prices ranging from $3 to $8 per item.
- Watch music and dance performances representing diverse genres and cultures.
- Shop for a variety of handmade goods and art in the global marketplace.
- Browse art exhibitions and displays showcasing traditional dress, culinary and religious traditions, and history.
- Play in the expanded Kids Village, featuring a petting zoo, crafts, and interactive activities.
- Ride the Great Park Balloon.
Find more details on festival happenings below:
- View the Event Program
- Things to Do at the Festival
- Entertainment Schedule
- Apply to be a Festival Vendor
- Become a Festival Sponsor
- Volunteer at the Festival
In 1988, a group of residents established the City's first Multicultural Festival to help promote understanding and build harmony within cultures. A second festival in 2000 sparked interest to expand the event to a larger venue, enabling attendance and participation to grow. In 2002, equipped with a new name and location, the Irvine Global Village Festival moved to the Irvine Civic Center, where it drew an estimated 4,000 visitors. The dedicated residents who initially started the festival went on to form the Irvine Multicultural Association, where they continue to actively guide the planning and development of the annual event as it grows each year.
In 2021, the City celebrated two significant anniversaries, the City of Irvine's 50th anniversary and the 20th year hosting the Irvine Global Village Festival. The festival was awarded the 2021 California Park & Recreation Society Award of Excellence in the Creating Community Award of Excellence. In 2012, the City received the Cultural Diversity Award from the National League of Cities for its role in developing creative and effective programs, such as Irvine Global Village Festival, that improve and promote cultural diversity. In 2009, Irvine Global Village Festival was voted "Best Festival" by OC Weekly.
Now the City's signature event, the Festival continues to highlight Irvine's vibrant and diverse community and has grown to include more than 100 musical, dance, and demonstration performances on multiple stages, and features a variety of local and global cuisines, kids' crafts and activities, cultural exhibits, and a global marketplace.