Thank You for Your Interest
While the City of Irvine does not provide direct financial incentives to businesses moving here, we are proud of all that we offer our thriving business community. Business owners and operators considering Irvine can be confident that they will find our community to be a safe, clean, diverse, educated and affluent community that supports its local businesses. The City provides at a high level most everything that is of value to a business – quality of life, business opportunities, local high-skilled employees, public education support, infrastructure and being one of the safest cities in America.
The following are important to companies no matter size, product, or business plan:
- Unlike most cities, the City of Irvine supports its public schools in a significant financial way. This provides the cushion to keep Irvine schools among the very best in the state … particularly important to companies whose workforce has school-age children.
- The City Council has approved more than $10 million for the 2018-19 fiscal year in direct and in-kind services to Irvine public schools.
- One of the most diverse communities in the nation is also one of the most educated. Some 66% of our population age 25 and older have at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Among the reasons for that educated populace is UC Irvine. The campus in 2016 was ranked No. 9 among public universities in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- The City of Irvine receives many accolades each year, from Money Magazine and others, including being among the best cities in which to find a job, and among the best cities for working families.
- There is value to having a business address in Irvine:
- Irvine is home to more than 200,000 jobs and more than 23,000 companies have a business license here.
- Companies based here or with a major presence include Blizzard Entertainment, Broadcom, Edwards Lifesciences, Parker Hannifin, Allergan, Verizon Wireless, B Braun Medical Inc., and Western Digital.
- Irvine is one of the safest cities in America. This is based upon annual FBI statistics on violent crime.
- There is a wide range of housing choices for employees who wish to live where they work.
- As one of America’s fastest-growing cities, transportation infrastructure remains a high priority. City staff is expert on transportation issues that matter most such as synchronized lights, scheduled street maintenance, and public transportation alliances (there are two train stations that serve Irvine). City cityofirvine.org City of Irvine, One Civic Center Plaza, P.O. Box 19575, Irvine, California 92623-9575 949-724-6000
- Transportation includes connections of bikeways and pedestrian sidewalks and trails. For example, the Jeffrey Open Space Trail has three pedestrian bridges as well as undercrossings so that bicyclists and pedestrians never need to cross a busy street along this particular route.
- There are thousands of acres of permanent open space in the City of Irvine that provide a respite from busy lives. Complementing that, the City of Irvine was honored to have its parks ranked No. 10 in America in 2018 by The Trust for Public Land.