Learn to Swim Program
The City of Irvine’s Learn to Swim program offers lessons for all swimming abilities. Classes are available for infants through adults.
View details about Learn to Swim levels here.
- Lessons are offered in two- or four-week sessions.
- Please check schedules for dates.
- Classes are offered Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday for 25 or 40 minutes.
- Duckling classes are two weeks on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday or four weeks on Saturdays for 25 minutes.
- Adult and teen classes are offered Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday and are 40 minutes.
- Saturday session classes are 25 or 40 minutes for children, 40 minutes for adults.
- Private instruction is 25 or 40 minutes.
Upcoming Session Schedules
- Summer Grid
- Sessions 6, 7, and 8: Registration is currently open.
- Sessions 9, 10, and 11: Registration for Irvine residents, Sunday, June 18, 9 p.m., and nonresidents, Monday, June 19, 9 p.m.
- Saturdays Grid
- July: Registration is currently open.
- August and September: Registration for Irvine residents, Sunday, June 18, 9 p.m., and nonresidents, Monday, June 19, 9 p.m.
All withdrawal requests must be received in writing at least 10 days before the first day of the session and are subject to a $5 processing fee per participant, per class. Withdrawals/refunds are not available once the session begins. All sessions begin on Monday. Requests received less than 10 days prior will be processed for 50% of the fees.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 949-724-6707. Unfortunately, aquatics withdrawals cannot be processed at Program Registration.
Withdrawals/refunds are not available once the session begins. Sorry, there are no make-ups or credits for missed classes.
For classes withdrawn less than 10 days prior to the start of the session, you will be charged 50% and the money will be placed on your account with the City of Irvine. You will be charged an additional $5 if you would like your refund via credit card or check.
- Due to the volume of swim lesson participants, if you are enrolled in a class you will not be called from a waitlist for the same session.
- If you are on the waitlist, we will send you two emails [an email notifying you that you are being offered a spot from the waitlist and an invitation link to register online]. If given an invitation to register, the registration link is available for 24 hours. Once the link has expired it will go to the next person on the waitlist.
- On the Thursday before the start of the session if spots are still available, we send an email notification to all participants on the waitlist to register online on a first come first serve basis. If additional spots remain, emails will continue up to second day of the session. No link will be sent out for this waitlist notification and you can register online with the course number provided in the email.
Parking in front of the Aquatics Center is limited. Please use the high school lot on Escolar or the Heritage Park lot off Yale.