Learn to Swim Program
Please note: To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community, some indoor facilities and outdoor recreational spaces may be closed or have modified access until further notice.
Aquatics operations at William Woollett Jr. Aquatics Center and Northwood Aquatics Center have resumed. Modified programming such as lap swimming, shallow water lap swim, water aerobics, and Learn to Swim will be offered by reservation only through yourirvine.org.
Irvine outdoor park spaces remain open for passive use by individuals while wearing a face covering. In accordance with state guidelines, gatherings of people from more than three households are prohibited, and individuals must maintain physical distance from others outside of their group. Playgrounds are open. Athletic outdoor spaces may be open for practices, games, and competitions with modifications. Learn more at the City Facility Updates webpage.
The City of Irvine’s Learn to Swim program offers lessons for all swimming abilities. Classes are available for infants through adults.
View details about Learn to Swim levels here.
- Lessons are offered in two- or four-week sessions.
- Please check schedules for dates.
- Winter and spring session classes are offered Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday for 25 or 40 minutes.
- Summer session classes are offered Monday through Thursday for 25 minutes or Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday for 40 minutes.
- Duckling classes are two weeks on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday or four weeks on Saturdays for 25 minutes.
- Adult and teen classes are offered Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday and are 40 minutes.
- Saturday session classes are 25 or 40 minutes for children, 40 minutes for adults.
- Private instruction is 25 or 40 minutes.
Upcoming Session Schedules
- Summer Grid for Sessions 6, 7, and 8: Registration for Irvine residents, Sunday, May 2, 9 p.m., and nonresidents, Monday, May 3, 9 p.m.
- Saturdays Grid for July–August:
- July registration for Irvine residents, Sunday, May 2, 9 p.m., and nonresidents, Monday, May 3, 9 p.m.
- August–September registration for Irvine residents, Sunday, June 20, 9 p.m., and nonresidents, Monday, June 21, 9 p.m.
All withdrawal requests must be received in writing at least 10 days before the first day of the session and are subject to a $5 processing fee per participant, per class. Withdrawals/refunds are not available once the session begins. All sessions begin on Monday. Requests received less than 10 days prior will be processed for 50% of the fees.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 949-724-6707. Unfortunately, aquatics withdrawals cannot be processed at Program Registration.
Withdrawals/refunds are not available once the session begins. Sorry, there are no make-ups or credits for missed classes.
For classes withdrawn less than 10 days prior to the start of the session, you will be charged 50% and the money will be placed on your account with the City of Irvine. You will be charged an additional $5 if you would like your refund via credit card or check.
Due to the volume of swim lesson participants, if you are enrolled in a class you will not be called from a waitlist for the same session.
Parking in front of the Aquatics Center is limited. Please use the high school lot on Escolar or the Heritage Park lot off Yale.