Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Irvine Senior Services. To ensure we are meeting the needs of our senior community, we ask that all volunteers commit to volunteering a minimum of two hours per week for at least three months.
The majority of our volunteer opportunities are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. If you need weekend or evening hours, please see the Fitness Center Attendant and Facility Operations Support opportunities.
Below you will find a listing of our current Support Services volunteer openings. If you are interested in any of these, please contact Jackie Friday at 949-724-6923 or email@example.com.
Driver for Non-Emergency Medical Appointments │ Lakeview Senior Center
Help ensure seniors in the Irvine community have access to medical care by becoming a volunteer driver.
- Duties: Drivers assist seniors with rides to and from non-emergency medical appointments.
- Requirements: Must be 21+, have vehicle and insurance. Clear Live Scan fingerprinting through the Department of Justice (drivers will referred to the Irvine Police Department by Volunteer Coordinator to complete fingerprinting).
- Available Shifts: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Drivers are able to accept or decline transportation assignments based on availability.
Nutrition Office Assistant │ Lakeview Senior Center
- Duties: Assist with filing, answering phones, data entry and collating.
- Requirements: Must be 14+
- Available Shifts: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
If interested please contact Lynne Conger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Car Fit Assistant │ Lakeview Senior Center
Assist trained Car Fit Technicians lead drivers through a 12-point vehicle checklist. Each appointment is 15-20 minutes in length and covers recommended adjustments and adaptations for a safer vehicle “fit.”
- Duties: Assist technicians as they assess drives. Each appointment is 15-20 minutes long.
- Requirements: Must be 18+
- Available Shifts: February 7 from 10 a.m.-noon