NOTE: Schedules may change due to weather conditions or unforeseeable circumstances. There is no sweeping on holidays. The sweeping schedule is on a two-week cycle.
The City of Irvine Street Sweeping and Infrastructure Cleaning Program provides street sweeping service for arterial, residential and industrial area roadways.
- Arterial roadways are typically swept bi-weekly, Tuesday through Friday, between the hours of 3:30 a.m. and 7 a.m.
- Residential streets are swept on an easy-to-remember "twice monthly" schedule, Tuesday through Friday, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- The Irvine Business Complex and public streets around the Irvine Spectrum area are swept twice monthly, between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Construction Circle, Jamboree, and Warner (from Harvard to Jamboree) are swept weekly.
The Program is also responsible for cleaning and sweeping other City-maintained infrastructure.
- Bike trails are swept on a weekly basis.
- Parking lots at City facilities are swept on a monthly basis.
- Litter removal on City right-of-way is performed every other month.
- Pedestrian bridges and walkthroughs are cleaned on a weekly basis.
- Concrete and asphalt island medians are cleaned three times a year.
- Sidewalk overpasses are cleaned three times a year.
- Guardrail locations are cleaned and swept on a quarterly basis.
If you have any questions regarding the City of Irvine Street Sweeping and Infrastructure Cleaning Program, please call the Street Maintenance Division at 949-724-7600.