Business Planning and Budget is responsible for producing the City’s biennial budget and the City’s Five-Year Strategic Business Plan. These documents are the "blueprints" used to provide a sound financial framework for all City operations. The budget team is also responsible for regular review of revenues and expenditures to budget estimates, fiscal forecasting, coordination of the City’s land use projections, and evaluation of the fiscal impact of new development.
- Irvine Ranked No. 1 in Latest Fiscal Strength Survey
- GFOA's Distinguished Budget Presentation Award
- CSMFO Excellence Award for Budgeting
2021-2023 City Budget
Additional budget information on the Transparency Portal
- City Council, City Manager & Non-Departmental FY 2021-23 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Community Services FY 2021-23 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Public Works and Transportation FY 2021-23 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Capital Improvement Project (CIP) FY 2021-23 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Community Development FY 2021-23 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Finance Commission - April 5, 2021
- City Clerk's Office FY 2021-23 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Financial Management & Strategic Planning FY 2021-23 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Human Resources & Innovation and Strategic Technology Plan FY 2021-23 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Public Safety FY 2021-23 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Orange County Great Park FY 2021-23 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Community Budget Meeting - March 25, 2021
- Community Budget Meeting - March 11, 2021
- Finance Commission FY 2020-21 Second Quarter Budget Update - March 1, 2021
- Finance Commission Budget Presentation - January 19, 2021
- City Council Budget Overview Staff Report - January 26, 2021
- Finance Commission FY 2020-21 First Quarter Budget Update - November 16, 2020
- April 5 - Finance Commission Meeting
- April 12 - Finance Commission Meeting
- April 15 – Senior Citizens Council
- April 20 – Transportation Commission
- April 21 – Community Services Commission
- May 6 – Planning Commission
- May 25 – City Council
2019-2021 City Budget
2018-2019 City Budget
2017-2018 City Budget
2016-2017 City Budget
2015-2016 City Budget
2014-2015 City Budget
2013-2014 City Budget
Financial Data Online
A Financial Data Online portal has been established as an additional tool to explore the City’s budget.
Budget Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Click these links to answer some frequently asked questions (results will open in a new tab or window):
- Overall what are the City's Revenues and Expenses?
- What is the General Fund total budget?
- What revenue sources contribute to the City's General Fund?
- What type of expenses does the General Fund pay for?
- How does the City divide up the general fund among the City's departments?
- How much does the City spend on salaries for all departments and funds?
- What is the budget by expense type for the Police Budget?
- How much does the Orange County Great Park cost to operate? (Fund 180 Operating Fund)
- How much does the Community Services Department spend on its different programs?
View additional resources on using Financial Data Online