Click here to learn more about City Council and Great Park Board Meetings.
Irvine City Council meetings are held the second and fourth Tuesday of each month in the City Council Chamber, Irvine City Hall (1 Civic Center Plaza, corner of Alton and Harvard).
Regular sessions begin at 4 p.m. with a possible recess prior to 5 p.m., to discuss matters under Closed Session. Presentations follow, as well as any other matters of business which were not acted upon prior to 5 p.m.
Irvine City Council meetings are open to the public with the exception of Closed Session Meetings (when legal and personnel matters are discussed).
Irvine City Council meetings are cable cast live on ICTV, cable channel 30. For live meetings or replaying through our ICTV page: click here.
Addressing The City Council
Anyone can address the City Council on agendized items and non-agendized items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction during the public comment period. Each speaker is limited to three minutes. If you would like to address the City Council, we ask that you identify yourself by completing a "Request to Speak" form. You may also submit e-comments or participate live via Zoom. Click here for more information.
We're Here To Serve You
Becoming familiar with the City staff who serves you and your City is an important part of becoming involved. City staff presiding at City Council meetings include the:
- City Manager, is the City's chief administrative officer and oversees City personnel;
- City Clerk, maintains official records and conducts municipal elections;
- City Attorney, acts as chief legal advisor to the City Council and staff;
- Assistant City Manager, oversees operations of the City's various departments; and
- Department Directors, supervise the functions of the operating departments:
* Administrative Services
* City Clerk
* City Manager
* Community Development
* Community Services
* Human Resources
* Public Safety
* Public Works & Transportation
The agenda is available prior to City Council meetings at the Irvine City Hall, local libraries, and on our website at City Council Agenda.