Employers are looking for people who have experience, but how do I gain experience without a job?
The importance of volunteering:
- Adds experience to your résumé
- Provides opportunities to network with professionals and builds positive references
- Strengthens your ability to compete with individuals that have work experience
- Helps you to explore career possibilities by testing out a career field
- Helps build new skills; allows you to earn academic credits or community service hours
- Looks excellent on college applications
Make a difference in your community. Volunteering opens doors to your future. View volunteering opportunities in the City of Irvine here.