All affordable rental units in Irvine are privately owned and operated. This webpage is designed to help navigate you toward potential housing options.
Definitions of Housing Types
- Emergency Shelter – any facility with overnight sleeping accommodations, with a primary purpose to provide temporary shelter (less than six months) for the homeless or for specific populations of the homeless.Definitions of Housing Types
- Temporary Supportive Housing – a project that is designed to provide housing and appropriate supportive services to prevent homelessness and to facilitate movement to independent living within 18 months.
- Transitional Housing – a project that is designed to provide housing and appropriate supportive services to homeless persons to facilitate movement to independent living within 24 months.
- Permanent Supportive Housing – housing with indefinite rental assistance paired with supportive services to assist populations with disabilities to achieve housing stability.
- Affordable Housing – as prescribed under state and federal statutes, housing that cost generally no more than 30% to 35% of gross household income; such housing costs include rent or mortgage payments, utilities, taxes, insurance, HOA fees.