IMPORTANT NOTICE-EVICTIONS and RENT INCREASES: The Irvine City Council approved a resolution on March 24, 2020 to address evictions and rent increases within the City. The resolution strongly discourages landlords from evicting tenants or increasing rents during this crisis where non-payment is a result of COVID-19 and the related mitigation efforts. If your landlord has notified you of an eviction that is in conflict with the City Council resolution, please provide the contact information of your landlord and any relative documents to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All affordable rental units in Irvine are privately owned and operated. This webpage is designed to help navigate you toward potential housing options.
Definitions of Housing Types
- Emergency Shelter – any facility with overnight sleeping accommodations, with a primary purpose to provide temporary shelter (less than six months) for the homeless or for specific populations of the homeless.Definitions of Housing Types
- Temporary Supportive Housing – a project that is designed to provide housing and appropriate supportive services to prevent homelessness and to facilitate movement to independent living within 18 months.
- Transitional Housing – a project that is designed to provide housing and appropriate supportive services to homeless persons to facilitate movement to independent living within 24 months.
- Permanent Supportive Housing – housing with indefinite rental assistance paired with supportive services to assist populations with disabilities to achieve housing stability.
- Affordable Housing – as prescribed under state and federal statutes, housing that cost generally no more than 30% to 35% of gross household income; such housing costs include rent or mortgage payments, utilities, taxes, insurance, HOA fees.