The City of Irvine annual summer tradition returns July 9, when the Sizzlin’ Summer Concert series kicks off at Mike Ward Community Park — Woodbridge.
The community is invited to a series of free family-friendly concerts in the park covering a variety of musical tastes — from country rock and dance hits to classic soul and ’80s music. In addition to Saturday concerts, enjoy a Sunday series finale featuring Pacific Symphony. Bring a picnic basket or purchase treats from on-site gourmet food trucks.
General admission is free (no tickets or pre-registration required) for first-come, first-served seating. Limited reserved seating near the front of the stage is available for $20 at yourirvine.org. Each reserved seating ticket reserves one space, which accommodates approximately five adults.
2022 Sizzlin’ Summer Concert Series Schedule:
- Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m.: Knyght Ryder (‘80s and ‘90s Party Faves)
Knyght Ryder is a five-piece band that brings you high-energy hits from the ’80s and ’90s.
- Saturday, July 16, 5:30 p.m.: Tijuana Dogs (Dance Party Rock)
The Tijuana Dogs are a popular Orange County rock band. This high-energy party rock band will have you up and dancing.
- Saturday, July 23, 5:30 p.m.: Boxcar 7 (Blues, Soul & R&B)
Boxcar 7 is a seven-piece show band that will bring the best of the blues, soul, old school R&B, classic rock, swing, and a taste of funk.
- Saturday, July 30, 5:30 p.m.: Shotgun Jefferson (Country Rock)
Shotgun Jefferson draws musical inspiration from its rock and roll roots.
- Saturday, August 6, 5:30 p.m.: Pop Vinyl (Top 40 Variety)
Pop Vinyl will bring endless energy as "the band that doesn't stop." Featuring five lead singers, no genre is safe from this band’s vocal prowess.
- Sunday, August 14: Pacific Symphony in the Cities
- 5:30 p.m.: Family-friendly activities
- 7 p.m.: Pacific Symphony Concert
- Enjoy a must-do summer tradition: a free outdoor concert by Pacific Symphony, led by Music Director Carl St.Clair.
Guests should bring chairs and blankets; layered clothing is recommended. Mike Ward Community Park — Woodbridge is located at 20 Lake Road, Irvine. For more information, visit cityofirvine.org/specialevents or call 949-724-6606.