Free Tax Filing
Tuesdays, January 31 – May 9
The City of Irvine, in partnership with Orange County United Way (OCUW), is offering free tax preparation services to taxpayers who earned less than $60,000 in 2022. Qualifying taxpayers who live, work, or attend school in Irvine can receive help filing their taxes from IRS-trained and certified volunteers, who will also assist eligible taxpayers in applying for tax credits, including the state and federal Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC).
Dates and location:
- January 31–May 9
- Tuesdays, Noon–7:30 p.m.
- Harvard Community Park Multipurpose Room , 14701 Harvard Ave, Irvine
An appointment is required; no walk-ins will be accepted. Call Orange County United Way at 888-434-8248 for more information on EITC cash-back credits or to schedule an appointment. You may qualify to file your tax return virtually from the safety and comfort of your home. For more information please visit OCFreeTaxPrep.com.
To prepare, bring copies of:
How do I qualify for EITC?
If you earned less than $58,000 in 2022, you may be eligible to receive Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) worth more than $6,700!
- You and your spouse (if filing jointly) must be U.S. citizens or residing aliens for all of 2022.
- Have a social security number valid for employment.
- Eligibility depends on marital status, household income, and number of qualifying dependents.
- Call 888-434-8248 to find out if you are eligible.