On January 26, 2021, the Irvine City Council passed the resolution reaffirming Irvine's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the Irvine community and created the five-member Ad-Hoc DEI Committee to provide input on the needs of the community and advise the City Council in meeting its goals. In January 2022, the Irvine City Council directed the Ad-Hoc Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee to become a standing committee and expand its membership to seven committee members. Learn more about the DEI Committee below.
|Purpose||Committee Appointments||Focus Areas|
|Resolutions & Initiatives||Upcoming Meeting Agendas & Minutes||Past Meetings & Agendas|
- The Committee of City Council appointees will provide input on the needs of the community, and advise the City Council in meeting the specific goals outlined in the resolution.
Five (5) members are appointed by the City Council and two (2) members-at-large are selected through a public recruitment process and approved by the City Council. Currently, the following individuals serve on the Committee:
- Amil Aaron, Chair, Appointed by Mayor Khan
- Rebekah Thomas, Co-Chair, Appointed by Councilmember Kim
- Noha Nour, D.D.S., Appointed by Councilmember Agran
- Yulan Chung, Appointed by Vice Mayor Kuo
- Dr. Surendra Sharma, Appointed by Councilmember Carroll
- Mary Anne Foo, Member-At-Large
- Betty Martinez Franco, Member-At-Large
- City employment
- City contracting
- Hate crimes/incidents
- City's diversity campaign
- Convention of the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resolution
- CEDAW Resolution
- We Are Irvine
- Reporting Hate Crimes and Hate Incidents
HOW TO WATCH A LIVE MEETING:
HOW TO CONNECT TO ZOOM WEB-CONFERENCE BY TELEPHONE:
To join from your phone, dial 669-900-6833. When prompted use the below Meeting ID and Passcode.
Meeting ID: 890 0987 4246
TECHNICAL SUPPORT PRIOR TO AND DURING THE MEETING:
For technical assistance before and during the meeting, please call 949-724-6078.
- March 24 Presentation
- February 24 Presentation
- January 27 Presentation
- December 16, 3-4:30 p.m.
- November 30, 3-4:30 p.m.
- October 28 Draft DEI Action Plan: A working document outlining the City’s diversity, equity, and inclusions efforts in collaboration with the Ad-Hoc DEI Committee.
- March 30 Presentation
- April 29 Presentation
- May 20 Presentation
- June 21 Presentation
- July 29 Presentation
- August 26 Presentation
- September 23 Presentation