On January 26, 2021, the Irvine City Council passed the resolution reaffirming Irvine's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the Irvine community and created the five-member Ad-Hoc DEI Committee to provide input on the needs of the community and advise the City Council in meeting its goals. In January 2022, the Irvine City Council directed the Ad-Hoc Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee to become a standing committee and expand its membership to seven committee members. Learn more about the DEI Committee below.
|Purpose||Committee Appointments||Focus Areas|
|Bylaws||Reports||Resolutions & Initiatives|
|Upcoming Meeting Agendas & Minutes|
- The Committee of City Council appointees will provide input on the needs of the community, and advise the City Council in meeting the specific goals outlined in the resolution.
Five (5) members are appointed by the City Council and two (2) members-at-large are selected through a public recruitment process and approved by the City Council. Currently, the following individuals serve on the Committee:
- Amil Aaron, Chair, Appointed by Mayor Khan
- Yulan Chung, Appointed by Vice Mayor Kim
- Noha Nour, D.D.S., Appointed by Councilmember Agran
- Mike Chen, Appointed by Councilmember Carroll
- Taryn Williams, Appointed by Councilmember Treseder
- Mary Anne Foo, Member-At-Large
- Betty Martinez Franco, Member-At-Large
- City employment
- City contracting
- Hate crimes/incidents
- City's diversity campaign
- Convention of the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resolution
- CEDAW Resolution
- We Are Irvine
- Reporting Hate Crimes and Hate Incidents
DEI COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Regular meetings of the DEI Committee are generally scheduled to occur on the fourth Thursday of the month at 5 p.m. Meetings can be attended in person, via live stream through Zoom, and via dial-in conference call line.
Community members may submit comments via mail or email on upcoming agenda items, or they may provide live public comments in person or via Zoom during meetings. Electronic agenda packets, minutes, and archived recordings of meetings are available here.
HOW TO WATCH VIA LIVE STREAM
The live stream will be available approximately five minutes before a meeting. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
Webinar ID: 890 1046 2880
HOW TO JOIN VIA DIAL-IN CONFERENCE CALL LINE
To join from your phone, dial US: +1 669-444-9171. When prompted use the Webinar ID: 890 1046 2880.
For technical assistance before and during the meeting, please call 949-724-6078.