City Programs Expectations & Guidelines
The City of Irvine is excited to offer modified recreational programming for the public! We've put plenty of safety precautions in place to protect your children, including limiting camps and programs to small groups in short duration, observing social distancing, and requiring health screenings before participation. Camps will not share equipment, and additional safety measures such as divider shields in reception areas will be implemented when necessary. All activities must be registered for in advance, and no in-person registration will be accepted. Registration is usually open until just before the activity begins, so you can register on-site by visiting yourirvine.org on your mobile device.
Our collective health and safety is our top priority. We are asking for your help in keeping your family, and our community, safe from COVID-19.
What We Ask of You
- Practice and reinforce good prevention habits:
- Avoid close contact with others – even friends.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep hands away from your face.
- Help your children understand “social distancing” and why it’s important.
- Prior to arrival, ensure your children:
- Apply sunscreen.
- Use the restroom.
- Wash hands.
- Do a temperature check. Ensure your child does not have a temperature (over 100.4 F or higher), and keep your child at home if sick with any illness.
- Aside from a labeled water bottle, do not bring personal items from home.
- The California Department of Public Health requires face coverings to be worn when inside public places, and outdoors when 6 feet of social distancing is not feasible between households.
- Face coverings (masks or shields) will be required for visitors, staff, and participants while indoors.
- While outdoors, participants will be required to maintain 6 feet of distance from other participants, and face coverings will not be required.
- Upon entering, moving through, and exiting the facility, follow the one-way directional signage and ground decals to maintain distancing.
What to Expect from Us
- Check-in: Participants will be asked to line up at the check-in table/counter while maintaining 6 feet of social distancing between households.
- Face masks will be mandatory for all City staff.
- Daily verbal screenings to confirm that your child does not have any of the symptoms or risk factors outlined in the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire.
- City staff will verify registration(s) and sign in participant(s) on program roster.
- Participants will be placed in a group of 10 or less, and receive a quick orientation on staying safe while having fun.
- Participants will not be allowed to intermingle, or transfer between different groups.
- All materials and equipment will be single-use items, or will be disinfected before and after each use.
- The City has established thorough isolation, communication, and cleaning protocols to address any potential incidents of COVID-19 exposure.
- Check-out/Pick Up: Parents/guardians will be asked to line up at the check-out table/counter while maintaining six feet of social distancing.
- City staff will verify release of child to parent/guardian, and sign out participant(s) on program roster.